What's new

Tried a second Schick E….now I get it!

When switching over to SE shaving, I bought a Schick E because it was so highly praised. I thought I was missing something, because repeatedly the experience was fairly rough, aggressive and bloody.
Now I’ve finally tried a second one that was in the case and looked barely used. The experience was totally different, super smooth, comfortable, and not one nick. NOW I get the love for these. One shave and I’m a fan.
I’m guessing something was off with that first one I used. 😉

A30C939F-11AE-49B7-BA0D-730B9B9F52A0.jpeg

That's a really nice E you have there! Maybe you other one was abused a bit. I am always bemused when someone can't seem to get a good shave with any of the Schick injectors.
Thank you! 😃
I can move the blade back and forth just a bit with my thumbnail on the first one, so I’m betting the key hole is tweaked a little.
Really liking this one though! It was actually a hair smoother than my L. 😉

They are inexpensive, easy to find, and the thick blades seem to last forever. Attributes welcomed in any razor. From my personal experience, I can’t ever recall a cut or weeper from using a model E.

You have a great find there and that removed blade as stated does look like the factory plug.

Attachments

• 36D0007F-C844-4895-A38D-5164E3146D7E.jpeg
    36D0007F-C844-4895-A38D-5164E3146D7E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
They are inexpensive, easy to find, and the thick blades seem to last forever. Attributes welcomed in any razor. From my personal experience, I can’t ever recall a cut or weeper from using a model E.

You have a great find there and that removed blade as stated does look like the factory plug.
save the blade. You should always have a blade in the razor, this one is probably the factory blunt one. Ideal when traveling. You can reinsert it in an injector and from there on into your razor.

Thank you guys! Yes, I have saved it. 😉
It looks like the razor is from 1940, so an early one. Crazy to think that plug or blade may have been in there that long and it swapped right out and the razor works as beautifully as it does! 😃
If I can find another good E razor to use, I will put that back in this one for display purposes. 😊
2444B9BD-956B-4ADA-97B0-FA8EC74CD8C8.jpeg

Top Bottom