What's new

Trac 2 handle?

No, I also think that clogging was an inherent problem with the design of the original Gillette cartridges. That is why other manufacturers (like Schick) tried to improve on the system.

Oddly, I find current Gillette carts are the only ones that don't clog, because they're vented between the blades. Other brands I have used (Personna, Merkur) have no venting, and clog something awful. It's the number one reason I pay extra for Gillette carts. I have never used vintage Trac II carts, so I can't compare the design, but vintage ads appear to show the venting.

Oddly, I find current Gillette carts are the only ones that don't clog, because they're vented between the blades. Other brands I have used (Personna, Merkur) have no venting, and clog something awful. It's the number one reason I pay extra for Gillette carts. I have never used vintage Trac II carts, so I can't compare the design, but vintage ads appear to show the venting.

The original G2 cartridges did not have venting. I think Wilkinson Sword introduced the vented cartridges, but I am not sure about that.

Top Bottom