What's new

Stay warm & dry

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Break out your favourte winter cream/soap, Winter is coming. :)

The weather has turned south and we are in for a Antarctic Blast.
The South Island is going to bear the brunt of it with snow already falling and may go down to sea level.
All cook straight ferry sailings are already cancelled for Wednesday night with 7 meter swells predicted.

I'll be warming up the scuttle and lathering up with some tabac to make the morning shave great.
What's your favourite winter set up?

Hunker down and stay safe. I read this morning that there was another sizeable quake way down south.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The South Island looks like winter wonderland.

Wellington is getting hit with wind and rain, wind gust of 140km/87 miles per hour.
There was a slip in Naguranga Gorge Wellington a few days ago. A small slip compare to many others but it closed all three lanes into Wellington and two going out. I work close to it and went home via the Haywards hill road with leaving early to beat the traffic.
Luck that was the day before the storm or the clean up may have taken longer to open.........
Now its closed again both ways as a overhead sign by the slip is damaged. Sigh. This will be only a short disruption of half an hour or so to fix...... here's hoping.

The ferries stopped yesterday after the last cross had 7 meter swell. That would test your sea legs.
There's flooding in the Wairarapa.
The desert road is closed after a B train rolled last night. I'm surprised it was open at all.

The gale force winds should ease here tomorrow morning.
Good news for me is they have opened the Gorge in both directions, so I can get out of here soon.
It always feels good to get home with weather like this.

Hope the weather is not too bad where you are.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Dirty tramps.

1499920302228.jpg

1499920302228 - 2.jpg

Hold on man....

1499920302228 - 3.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think trampolines make better sails than sails. Anytime there's a tornado or strong storms you're guaranteed to see a flying trampoline video on the news.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
A few years ago my neighbours trampoline landed in my backyard. They told me it was held down with a few old car tyres. Hey this is windy Wellington, that was never going to do. :nonod:

It's turned cold here in Geelong ... just I time for my two youngest to start a new school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
A second storm has bought flooding to some areas.

A state of emergency has been declared in the Timaru district as flood waters continue to rise.

1500609470744.jpg

On a bright note, tracking shows my DR Harris Sandalwood AS arrived in Auckland today from Ireland.
It just may take longer than normal to make the road trip down to Wellington.
Looing forward to using it, with all this rubbish weather we are having at the moment.

On a bright note, tracking shows my DR Harris Sandalwood AS arrived in Auckland today from Ireland.
It just may take longer than normal to make the road trip down to Wellington.
Looing forward to using it, with all this rubbish weather we are having at the moment.

That is certainly something to look forward to. Keep your head down!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That is certainly something to look forward to. Keep your head down!

I had a pleasant surprise, as it was delivered on Saturday morning. Only a week from clicking buy now to arrive from Ireland.
I like this one a lot and the wife also approves, that's a win, win.

I just remember the storm that sank the Wahine I was about 3

A tragic disaster.

Your old stomping ground took a battering in the weekend. Dunedin & Christchurch also declared a state of emergency, with flooding. Christchurch residents evacuated by boat as Heathcote River floods
I can't recall exactly but believe it was 220mm of rain in 24 hours somewhere down south.
The rain has stopped and we're in for a cracker winters days here in Wellington today. Glad to see the back end of this round of bad weather.

Hope none of members were effected by the floods down south.

Last edited:
Top Bottom