What's new

"Singing" blade ?!

What is a "Singing" blade ?
Can someone explain me please? and is it a good blade?
Does it shave well for a beginner ?

A singing blade is a true full hollow grind, it's called a singing blade because it will make a musical note if you pluck it (followed by lots of honing to fix it). If you see a blade sold as a singing blade it's generally high quality.

I prefer thicker blades myself, as I find singing blades tend to flex a bit during the shave due to my quite coarse beard.

You're probably best asking these questions in the straight razor section of B&B or over on www.straightrazorplace.com

Cheers,

Iwan :smile:

It's a straight razor with a very thin blade. It's a little more complex than that, but basically that's it. In addition to what Iwan said about plucking it, they might also make a high pitched note during stropping.

-----Michael

Just to add that yes a singing blade can be a good blade depending on the steel used and who manufactured it. Its not about it being singing or not its about the overall quality. The singing part is just of quality the razor has.

There is no one blade is best for a beginner. Its not like a DE. You probably just want to start out with a mid sized razor of good quality.

Nope, we don't need no steenkin' therapist. We have all of our behaviors perfectly rationalized. Not to mention, we all use aromatherapy for what ails us...

Aromatherapy........Dang......another new addiction......habit.......gots ta have........where is my terapist........

Lynn

Aromatherapy........Dang......another new addiction......habit.......gots ta have........where is my terapist........

Lynn

Guess I did not actually finish my thought in the previous post. Was thinking about the aromatherapy we get from using our various cremes, soaps, aftershaves, and EDT's. ...each deserving of a different "terapist"... or terapy maybe...

Top Bottom