What's new

Simpson Synthetic Fibers

I am looking at Simpson’s synthetic brushes. Some show “platinum” synthetic fiber, some show “sovereign” fiber.

Their webpage has no information which would explain the difference, if any.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

edit - went ahead and ordered a Chubby 2 and Duke 3, both have the same synthetic fiber. So, will just try them and roll with it.

Last edited:
I am looking at Simpson’s synthetic brushes. Some show “platinum” synthetic fiber, some show “sovereign” fiber.

Their webpage has no information which would explain the difference, if any.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

edit - went ahead and ordered a Chubby 2 and Duke 3, both have the same synthetic fiber. So, will just try them and roll with it.
Platinum is their higher end fiber. I have both, and much prefer the platinum, but sovereign is still great.

Nice choices! If you get the itch to try the Sovereign grade, their best-selling line of brushes right now is the Trafalgar series (models I, II, and III) which typically sell for $25 to $35 usd.

I also see a LOT of Chubby synthetics when perusing brush photos around the forums. The Duke 3 is one of my favorite handles to hold.

The Trafalgars, Chubbies, and Dukes all seem to have a strong and loyal following, but everyone’s tastes and needs are different. That is to say, don’t worry if you disagree with the herd about something when it comes to your own brush or shaving preferences.

🍻

Both the Chubby and the Duke with the Platinum fiber feel wonderful and luxurious on the face. The only difference I felt between the two is the is the amount of lather applied per pass. I ended up preferring the lesser amount applied by Duke 3 and sold the Chubby.

Is it ok to use the Duke with synthetic fiber everyday or does it need to rotate with another brush?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Both the Chubby and the Duke with the Platinum fiber feel wonderful and luxurious on the face. The only difference I felt between the two is the is the amount of lather applied per pass. I ended up preferring the lesser amount applied by Duke 3 and sold the Chubby.

Is it ok to use the Duke with synthetic fiber everyday or does it need to rotate with another brush?
You can use it every day. The claimed reason for rotating brushes is to allow them to fully dry, the Duke will certainly be fully dry before use the following day. All that said....... I would buy another brush anyway 😁

Top Bottom