What's new

Shaving resembles the need for what exactly?

Is the act of continuous classic wet shaving the manifestation of:

- the need for tidiness?

- the need for self improvement?

- narcissistic instincts?

- human evolution?

- a necessity?

- deep rooted depression?

- inner obsession for obtaining an ideal image of oneself?

- perseverance?

- the need to fill a large hole?

- the replacement of a renounced vice?

- a lack of activity?

- a refined joy while performing the act?

- an ultimate inner escape?

- a way to balance your mind?

- an attempt to reach for something that doesn't exist?

- the need to experience unknown places and feelings via the given products used?

Let me know your thoughts and opinions! 🫠

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
It’s where my ability to hyper-fixate landed. And then I got a brush with a dinosaur etched in the handle.

IMG_1409.jpeg

So, yeah. Neck beard go brrr and hee-hee dino.

I've given this a little thought as to why shaving can be so enjoyable.

I think I just have a deep seated need to drag a sharp object across my face to see how close to my skin I can get. Kidding of course.

Actually, I think it is a routine that I enjoy. I like using old tools (exclusively vintage Gillettes in my case)
And maybe I just like pampering myself a little.

I think the women of the world have known this for sometime. I think I'm coming to realize why people enjoy manicures/pedicures/massages or some time at the spa.

I think it falls under a larger heading of self care. Grooming to be more specific.

Some interesting reading here about such things.

https://curamnadurtha.com/blogs/news/unlocking-the-secrets-of-mens-grooming-expert-insights-and-recommendations-1

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/10608265211052068

Dirty

Last edited:
Me thinks someone is overthinking it…:pipe:
Shave - cut the hair off the face with a razor. (Oxford Dictionary of English)

I don’t pretend to search for a deeper manifestation in the act of continuous classic wet shaving, as you put it.
I also don’t shave continuously, just once a day - usually in the morning. :001_cool:

B.

Me thinks someone is overthinking it…:pipe:
Shave - cut the hair off the face with a razor. (Oxford Dictionary of English)

I don’t pretend to search for a deeper manifestation in the act of continuous classic wet shaving, as you put it.
I also don’t shave continuously, just once a day - usually in the morning. :001_cool:

B.
Me thinks my usage of the word "continuous" has somehow been misunderstood. My apologies, English not my first language.
Lemme rephrase:
"Is the act of 😉constant😉 classic wet shaving the manifestation of:"

I consider shaving to be in the same class as haircuts, nail cutting, teeth cleaning, bathing. It’s routine bodily maintenance, grooming, hygiene. That sort of thing. Some of these things are more optional than others.

As to why shaving is desirable, the best answer I can give is that it is one of the 3 ‘S’s. You get up, have a sh-t, a shower and a shave, and then you feel good.

Traditional wet shaving is just a way to make a daily routine more enjoyable. I look forward to shaving. And since I shave every 24 hours, that's a good thing to me.

For this same reason I use an electric toothbrush. It just makes brushing my teeth more enjoyable.

There is nothing more to it.

Top Bottom