What's new

'Shaving & Living Under Stress--When Normal Ain't Normal Anymore' A Must Watch For All B&B Brothers Shaving With Stress, Pain Or Loss

I was deeply impressed by this YT video, made by The Mad Scientist Of Wet Shaving, AKA Big John, who I believe was a B&B member.

It was recorded under a month after the loss of his dear wife, and it covers much ground in how stress and depression can drastically affect the shave of even the most experienced wet shaver. It is a treasure of wisdom.

This channel is the finest YT shaving content, and I am glad I have discovered it.

For any shavers under stress, or who may be inexplicably be getting bad shaves and may not even be aware of it, this video gives great insights as to gear to use, and mindsets to adopt and much else.

Sadly the accompanying blog post mentioned is no longer available, but the video is eloquent enough.

Here is a recent thread on the Gentleman.

Mad Scientist of Wet Shaving “Big John” - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/mad-scientist-of-wet-shaving-big-john.640521/

Last edited:
Looks like his blog site has been taken down. Too bad. Would really have enjoyed to read it. Thank you for sharing.
You are very welcome!
Yep he has great videos. I stumbled upon him last year when researching my Rolls Razor. It was also fun to watch his den in the back grow from video to video.

Great find Simon!

Guido
Coincidentally I also first came upon TMSOWS work when I was looking into the Valet and Rolls. He created two of the best informational and demo videos on the types ever made imo.

I was very impressed with his style and attitude, and became more aware of his name as he has been kindly mentioned on the forum and I came across several references to him.

I posted it with the thought that it may be useful to any Brothers suffering from the trials of life, and as an incentive to talk to someone professionally if needed. Also to those who knowingly battle with these things on a daily basis and how you can maybe get a better shave while under extreme stress.

Appreciated Guido!

Last edited:
Top Bottom