What's new

Shaving Cream Store Is Open!

Got an appointment with a website designer Wednesday morning. Want this thing to look right and function properly so I might as well go for it. The next time I post it should be to tell you the site's live.

My order has shipped from the UK. I'm still waiting on the confirmation email from Italy. I'll be calling them in the morning if I don't get it sometime today as it is overdue.

Appreciate everyone's patience, well wishes, and generous offers to help! :smile:

Well, I wish that I had good news to post but the website designer got back to me and they want $1100 to set up my website or I can move to them as a webhost and pay them $695 and $15 a month for the shopping cart feature. I didn't realise this would be such a PITA when I started. I don't know if this is going to work or not. I've got a few other options I'm exploring but I'm not going to put money in everyone else's business while I'm trying to start my own as that sort of defeats the purpose and the business volume doesn't justify a huge initial outlay like that. If all else fails, I will keep working with Dreamweaver and try to get it up as soon as possible. That's all I know to do.

I've got a webhost and I'll be looking into trying-again-to get this thing up and going. They have free ecommerce software and I'm going to spend some time on PayPal's site trying to figure out how to incorporate them into it. I've got a business account with PayPal so I can take credit and debit cards through it. I've got to do this where it puts money in my pocket at some point and not everybody else and their uncle's so I guess it's slow going for the moment. PayPal is the only gateway I plan on using apart from money orders in the post.

Guys,
I'm actually making some headway with Dreamweaver design tonight. It's a cautious first step-keep your fingers crossed.

I think Mama Bear's site is hooked up with Paypal. You might want to check with her.

Scott once I get the framework finished for the rest of the site I may just do that. I have been reading the PayPal website integration guide for additional information during web design breaks. I know I can figure this stuff out it just takes a little time and I hate to keep asking everyone to be patient but if you guys could be patient just a wee bit longer I would so appreciate it.

BTW, compared to Tolkien's LOTR which I recently finished the PayPal website integration guide is not a particularly thrilling read-just thought I would pass that along.

Website pages built as of this morning! Going to start working on integrating the PayPal shopping cart code now and tweaking around that.

Stay tuned!

UPDATE!!

Web pages uploaded and working!! Got to work on the shopping cart stuff now and get that integrated!! Shouldn't be too long now as hopefully the worst part is behind me. Going to take a bit of a break and then dive into the PayPal shopping cart particulars.

is this a website store or? I'm looking for a tube cream (for use with brush) for very sensitive skin, yet very rough beard...

Top Bottom