What's new

"Shaved Penguins" Please Check In Here

I'm curious how many of us are "Shaved Penguins" and using the "SP" banner in their sig lines. Please post a quick "me too" here if you're a Linux user and using (or will be using) the "SP" banner.

Thanks!

Ahoy, ahoy... Heavy-duty Debian/*Ubuntu user, or used to be. Alas, I am doing most work these days on Windows, as I needed to get this darned thesis finished and out the door, and I was fooled by the fairy tale that under Windows everything "just works, no tweaking required". :a32: Also it was supposed to curtail my tweaking of the tools... I can only claim very minor success there... :biggrin: Still, got some form of Ubuntu pretty much on every PC at home nonetheless (multi-boot).

Do I still qualify as a shaved penguin? If so, what do I put in my sig to get the banner?

Ahoy, ahoy... Heavy-duty Debian/*Ubuntu user, or used to be. Alas, I am doing most work these days on Windows, as I needed to get this darned thesis finished and out the door, and I was fooled by the fairy tale that under Windows everything "just works, no tweaking required". :a32: Also it was supposed to curtail my tweaking of the tools... I can only claim very minor success there... :biggrin: Still, got some form of Ubuntu pretty much on every PC at home nonetheless (multi-boot).

Do I still qualify as a shaved penguin? If so, what do I put in my sig to get the banner?

Ahoy! Sure, you qualify. Just grab the banner from my sig (right click, save) and use it in yours (select add image to sig .... user cp|edit signature, etc.)

Testing... :biggrin:

I just turned down the colour on the banner... the yellow was blinding, a bit too much "in your face" sort of thing... considering that all my posts would carry this and I'd be looking at a lot of these, I had to tame it down a bit for my own health. :biggrin:

Code:
perry@slappy ~ $ uname -a
Linux slappy 2.6.21-gentoo #2 PREEMPT Thu May 17 20:27:58 EDT 2007 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-55 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

I've been playing around with Linux off and one since about kernal version 0.81. But I'll keep my sig.

horen@etch:~(0:54)[32] uname -a
Linux etch 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 17:17:36 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Debian Etch

Mackal: Thanks for that "toned-down" sig-pic -- not only is it easier on my eyes, but it makes 'ol Tux stand-out that much more!

Mackal: Thanks for that "toned-down" sig-pic -- not only is it easier on my eyes, but it makes 'ol Tux stand-out that much more!

You're welcome. Yes, it's nice not to have to wear sunglasses anymore... :biggrin:

BTW, a useful trick with the sig is to wrap it with a URL... I was thinking at pointing it at Ubuntu website, but then realized it makes sense to point the URL at this thread, since the banner would be clicked mostly by folks who are curious about what the heck a "Shaved Penguin" is... :biggrin:

Top Bottom