What's new

Question: multiple types of Fromm Shaper Blades for Weck Sexto?

As the title suggests I am confused as to why there appear to be different replacement blades all made "By Fromm" for the Weck Sextoblade? For the past few years I have been using it for lining my beard/goatee and these were the ones I used:
1578853177307.png

I ran out and was planning to purchase more but I noticed that on Amazon and other sites they were packaged differently:
1578853251285.png
1578853267977.png

Are there any differences between these? Is there a blade you prefer? Lastly, would you recommend I try the personna? I have never tried those before but I have had success with my previous Fromm blades up to this point.

Thank you

Is there a blade you prefer? Lastly, would you recommend I try the personna? I have never tried those before but I have had success with my previous Fromm blades up to this point.
I can't comment in the alternate packaged blades, but have used both the Fromm Edge Ahead blades you pictured and the Personnas.

I much prefer the Fromms. For me, they're much smoother feeling. The Personnas are feel sharper but are borderline harsh. Note that I use a Sextoblade and shave my whole face, sometimes with and sometimes without the removable guard.

Note: I use my blades for a long time (about 50 shaves) and while the Personnas remain spotless, the Fromms show corrosion stains on the spine. I don't remove the blade after each shave.

Top Bottom