What's new

Popular Badger brushes for Under $75

I purchased my first brush a week ago (Simpson T3) and while I like that it’s maintenance free, I dislike the fact that it’s so limp (and at 26mm, it barely fits my stand). It isn’t firm enough to truly scrub my face, so I’m looking for a good boar brush now for no more than $75 and with a longer handle than the T3.

Can you pros send some recommendations my way so I can research prior to Black Friday?

Thanks!

You may want to look at the selection of Zenith boar brushes (which are outstanding) at Your Shaving in Spain.

You could get 3 to 5 or even 6 quality brushes delivered for your target price.

This is where high quality and great pricing intersects.

Bill

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a few fairly expensive badger brushes.... but my first badger, a Zenith Manchurian 27.5mm brush can hold its own against any of them. It's a wonderful brush.... Depending on the handle, I think you can find them near your target price. YourShaving from Europe or The Gentle Shave on eBay. I've purchased from them both... excellent customer service and good products so you don't need it often.

It's difficult to go wrong with a Semogue Owner's Club Two-band badger. This is a medium-sized brush that is versatile enough to use for face lathering or bowl lathering. I like the cherry wood handle that fits well in the hand and is lighter in weight than the resin handle.

1699594385558.png

Popular Badger brushes for Under $75
...to truly scrub my face...
...for no more than $75 and with a longer handle than the T3...
Not a pro here but I have put some mileage on the Simpson Commodore X2 and Yaqi Mysterious Space Fan Two Band R1731B2F (champion of scrubbing, in fact). Just enough so I can recommend them.
I would dare say that you couldn't go wrong with any two band (aka Finest Badger) fan shaped brush. If scrub is what you are after.
Good luck.

Like you, I also find most synthetic brushes somewhat limp and soft. I use them, but usually when I'm in a rush. I've spent way too much on badger brushes over the years, and I have quite a few of the ones mentioned in the replies. Some of my favorite badger brushes at any price are the Simpsons Eagle G3 pure badger and the Simpsons Duke 3 pure badger. If I had to choose between the two, it'd be the Duke, for sure. During holiday specials, I've bought each of these for less than 75 dollars.

My personal ‘price point’ is substantially higher for badger brushes than other options.

That said, I enjoy my Simpsons Wee Scott in best badger, a small brush that is well within your price range.

If you are willing to spend eight more dollars you can get a Semogue Torga C5 2-Band Finest Badger brush.

The Torga C5 has a shorter loft than the SOC and, therefore, is (what I would describe as) scrubbier. I am absolutely loving the Torga C5 line.

Top Bottom