What's new

Pinaud in Film?

Lots of old films show the main characters in domestic situations. We've heard about shaving scenes--Cary Grant in "North by Northwest" is priceless. "Big face, little razor."

What about Pinaud? We know it's been around forever. Have you ever seen it in any movies?

I was watching Topper (1937) tonight. The first time the banker Cosmo Topper (Roland Young) appears, he's in a very fashionable shower, being blasted from above and the side by streams of water. His butler waits for him outside with his towel. Behind the butler is an extensive collection of toiletries and guess what's front and center? A bottle of Lilac Vegetal!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Lots of old films show the main characters in domestic situations. We've heard about shaving scenes--Cary Grant in "North by Northwest" is priceless. "Big face, little razor."

What about Pinaud? We know it's been around forever. Have you ever seen it in any movies?

I was watching Topper (1937) tonight. The first time the banker Cosmo Topper (Roland Young) appears, he's in a very fashionable shower, being blasted from above and the side by streams of water. His butler waits for him outside with his towel. Behind the butler is an extensive collection of toiletries and guess what's front and center? A bottle of Lilac Vegetal!

I will have to watch for this!

In the movie Tough Guys (1986) in the beginning during the credits there is a shot of an electric shaver and a bottle of Pinaud but I do not remember is it was Lilac Vegatal or Bay Rum.

Topper just went on my must view list. He probably wears the Veg as a ghost so people can tell at least one true man is in the room!

In Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, when Brian Fantana puts on the Sex Panther, you can see a bottle of Special Reserve on the top shelf.

It is hard to tell exactly what it is (or is not) but in the Aviator with DiCaprio, the scene in the mens restroom where he goes into one of his episodes, there is a quick shot of a tray full of mens grooming items. I have tried more than once to get a look at them by pausing the disc. I am not sharp eyed enough to see if there is a Pinaud product there.

Regards, Todd

H

hathela

i am sure you can see some videos of these in youtube.

could someone post the links

In Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, when Brian Fantana puts on the Sex Panther, you can see a bottle of Special Reserve on the top shelf.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpS1mPvdFLo[/YOUTUBE]

:lol: You are right. I also noticed Hai Karate.

Top Bottom