What's new

Orbitor 4000 Gillette?

Thanks for the help. I asked because I found one this weekend at a garage sale. its in much better shape than the one that was on eBay, and this one still has the original packing. I sense they are rare, but not in high demand.

From The Electric Shaver Museum
"Gillette Orbitor 4000
In 1965 the Gillette company introduced the Techmatic Band razor: inside a cartridge there was a coiled strip razor blade. The user could advance the blade strip to the next part with a crank lever when the part used became blunt. The Techmatic razor was not a great success. Nevertheless Gillette did not hesitate to introduce a vibrating electric version of the razor: the Orbitor 4000 (introduction 1968, patent granted in 1971). Only few Orbitors have been sold. In 1971 Gillette developed another vibrating battery-operated razor (patents granted in 1972 and 1973), but because of poor performance in a test market this razor was never introduced."

From its reputation I don't think I would try to use it even if the battery could be charged, but it might be of collectible interest to a Gillette completist.

Top Bottom