What's new

FS Nakayama and Shobudani Asagi Hones, Boxed & Labeled Droescher Hone, Ralf Aust 5/8

Doing some den clearing. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. I am not selling any of the below due to dissatisfaction. Each has been wonderful, but I can only have so many hones and razors...so I'm told!

First: A Nakayama Kan Tomae. I purchased this from The Japan Stone less than a year ago, and have only used it a few times. I posted my own photos taken today, in addition to screenshots of the listing on Japanese Natural Stones. By all means defer to Alex's description over mine. But I will second the thought that this is a very, very fine grit stone. Also somewhat soft for a finisher. These two characteristics together make for an extremely fast stone that creates keen edges. I have sealed the sides and bottom. $235 shipped.

Next, Shobudani Asagi. A big chunk of extremely hard LVL5+ and fine stone purchased from Japanese Natural Stones. The classic big bench stone size of 70mm x 195mm x 21mm This is one of those amazing JNATs that can get you to light saber sharp, yet very smooth. It is hard enough to handle nagura progressions, but could also be used with a Tomo Nagura or a diamond plate for finishing (this is what I do). I will include a tomo nagura. The pictures with the ruler are mine, the other more professional are the pics from JNS stones so that you can keep an original photo with the stamp. I have sealed the sides and bottom and lapped the stone. $250 shipped.

Next a Boxed and labeled yellow green Droescher Thuringian hone. It is thought that Droescher stones were relabeled Eschers for the American market. My experience with this stone shows that. It compares in ease of use and edge quality with my Barber's Delight Escher. 125mm x 40mm x 20mm. The exterior of the box, and the bottom and sides of the stone have been sealed (ie both labels) have been sealed. The interior space in the box is longer than the stone where a rubbing stone likely sat. That rubbing stone has been lost to history, this stone works beautifully with a fine DMT slurry. A fine finisher and a piece of history. Rare to find a labeled box/stone combo. $250 shipped.

Next, a Ralf Aust 5/8ths. Ralf Aust makes wonderful razors with great steel. This is their entry level model, with black plastic scales and a simple wash on the face. It has some hone wear, and one small blemish on the face that you can see if you look hard enough. Currently has an edge that I'm very proud of. $40 shipped.

Next is a firehose strop. This is a firehose strop purchased from Keith Johnson's TomoNagura. For more on these watch Gamma's video below. This is a Type 1 firehose linen strop. $25 shipped.

Next, a 28mm Zenith Boar brush. A truly premium boar brush. I've used it 2 or 3 times, and done another 10 or so wet/dry cycles. It's probably 80% broken in at this point? 28mm with a 55mm loft. $25 shipped.

Lastly, a mix of aftershaves that I don't use for one reason or another. La Toja at 80%, Lea at 80%, Fine American Blend at 60% and 4711 at 90%. $25 shipped.

I just realized that I only discounted the Nakayama $10 from TheJapanStone’s price. that doesn’t seem quite right, I’m no Alex Gilmore!

Call it $215 shipped?

Also, I feel compelled to say that the discount on the Shonudani Asagi is similarly substantial. I paid approx $300 for that stone, IIRC.

The razor and the strop are sold.

Stil available are both Jnats, the brush and the aftershaves.

Price Drops!

Nakayama- $200

Shobudani Asagi- $235

Reasonable offers entertained on the aftershave and brush.

Thanks for looking!!

It's so funny to me what sells and what doesn't. I thought the Nakayama would go first!

I would entertain offers on the stones as well. Thanks for looking!!

Top Bottom