What's new

Martin de Candre Now Has Free Shipping

The Martin de Candre website has recently been redesigned and I received an email about it. I went to go check it out and noticed that if you purchase over 120 € (~$200 USD) worth of merchandise, then you receive free shipping. However, one thing I saw that the 10% discount for orders over 300 € is gone but the free shipping discount is more than 10% discount.

The checkout process is a better too. You can play around with quantities in your shopping cart and see the total without having to click an update button. Apparently, there is also tracking available now for your order. I copied the email I received from MdC below.

If you had been waiting to get MdC, I would say now is a good time to do it.

Subject: Martin de Candre Change sa boutique en ligne!

Martin de Candre vous annonce la création de sa nouvelle boutique en ligne.
Cette boutique internet va vous permettre de bénéficier de nombreux avantages que nous vous proposerons tout au long de l'année.
Cette boutique va également mieux gérer vos commandes et le suivi de vos colis (SO- colissimo).
Nous vous proposons d'aller la découvrir et de vous réinscrire.
Anciens ou nouveaux clients vous devez passer par une réinscription.
Un grand merci pour votre compréhension.
A très bientôt et très bonne découverte de cette boutique!

Il ne vous reste plus qu'à cliquer ici:

www.savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com

INTERFACE SIMPLIFIEE
NOUVEAUX PRODUITS
NOUVELLES PROMOTIONS
NOUVELLES PRESENTATIONS
SUIVI DE VOS COLIS PAS A PAS
COMMENTEZ NOS PRODUITS!
PAIEMENTS SECURISES

TOUTE L' EQUIPE MARTIN DE CANDRE RESTE A VOTRE DISPOSITION POUR REPONDRE A TOUTES VOS QUESTIONS.

Wow... That makes them "cheap" in a group-buy situation. The total for my last group-buy would have been 15% cheaper if that was the case, and that AFTER the 10% discount we got!

With the free shipping now being offered, people wouldn't really need a group buy to be able to get MdC at a reasonable cost now. I could see some people purchasing five jars to get the free shipping and putting the others on BST.

I'll wait for the onslaught of BST jars...just want one 170g scented...the bowl would be sweet as well...but really don't want to spend $200 bucks...looks like I won't have long to wait to try out MdC...it's been at the back of mind for some time now...

With the free shipping now being offered, people wouldn't really need a group buy to be able to get MdC at a reasonable cost now. I could see some people purchasing five jars to get the free shipping and putting the others on BST.

It works out to four jars if I did my math right.

Thanks for the heads up. This is great news if only for the reduced amount of bellyaching it will entail. :lol:

It's five jars because

28.43 € x 4 = 113.72 €
28.43 € x 5 = 142.15 €

28.43 € is the price is for me when I visit the website. Do you guys get 34 € instead?

I guess I'm including VAT. I didn't bother to create a new login since it apparently won't take my old one.

EDIT: Ok yeah I see it now. If you add some misc hand soap to bring it up to just above 120€, you can get 4 large jars for ~$43.65 and end up with some small cubes of artisan hand soap to go along with it. Not a bad deal!

Last edited:
It's five jars because

28.43 € x 4 = 113.72 €
28.43 € x 5 = 142.15 €

28.43 € is the price is for me when I visit the website. Do you guys get 34 € instead?

I forgot to subtract VAT. Another case of me opening my yap too soon.

So I guess you could get four 170g jars and a travel size, or four full jars and "Le Domino."

Ha, no worries. I've done that several times already and you have over 20 times as many posts as I do. I figured that was what the "delete post" option is for.

There's a delete post option???? :tongue_sm

The other angle to this, which maybe hasn't been considered yet, is how this affects the resale value of some of the "surplus" MdCs floating around out there.

There's a delete post option???? :tongue_sm

The other angle to this, which maybe hasn't been considered yet, is how this affects the resale value of some of the "surplus" MdCs floating around out there.

There's a nice discussion about lower prices here. In the end, he lowered his price on the brush to match a lower price elsewhere on the internet. I could see people waiting for the "free shipping" jars to hit BST but once those are gone, others may not want to wait for the next batch of "free shipping" jars to appear and may be willing to pay a premium for the other jars.

I checked the website sometime last week and saw that the free shipping threshold has been raised from 120 €, ~$170 USD, to 1000 €, ~$1415 USD.

where do you all see the free shipping info?

all i seem to be able to find is

Postage paid:)
We can ship orders to virtually any address in the world . Please note that shipments in France are free for any order exceeding 120 Euros.

even at 40 pots, shipping was still extra

Top Bottom