What's new

Mapping my face and neck

Today I mapped out my face to see which direction the hair grows. As I was mapping, the hair on my chin and neck grow in different directions. What’s the next way for that?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Today I mapped out my face to see which direction the hair grows. As I was mapping, the hair on my chin and neck grow in different directions. What’s the next way for that?
Shave with the Grain(WTG) the best you can to knock the bulk of beard growth down and just do your best to across the Grain(XTG) and if you want go against the grain(ATG) and pick ups fine tune the remaining for best pattern, you will have to tinker with to find a routine that works for you and your are happy with is what I suggest.
Beard mapping will give you years of better shaving and hopefully irritation free experiences.
Have some great shaves!

I spent months changing my vectors, my beard map is also insane. I was up to 9 different directions each pass. After watching some youtuber (geofatboy) shave south from top to bottom, north then across the face and neck from ear to center each side, I decided to give it a try with my most efficient razor. My mind is blown, best shave to date. I hope I can replicate the no nonsense approach and make my sessions even more relaxing and enjoyable. If you don’t hear from me, it didn’t work and I’m in the ER.

I think most (but certainly not all) men’s neck hair grows at an angle from each side down toward the Adam’s apple. That is the case for me. Shaving at an downward angle from my earlobes towards my Adam’s apple is WTG; shaving north to south (or vice versa) is XTG; and shaving from my Adam’s apple at an upward angle towards my earlobes is ATG. Good luck and please don’t become discouraged. It takes awhile to develop an efficient shave routine using multiple passes.

Beard mapping provided me with insights into what is going on, especially in problem areas.

For me, more information is always better especially when I am using sharp tools!!

Top Bottom