What's new

Looking at natural soaps

I am interested in diving into natural soaps. I have purchased them for my wife over the years off and on and she has always enjoyed them while they have lasted. I am a sandalwood fan and have been reading and reading about different soaps. I have fairly sensitive skin if I use to hot of a shower, I itch after. If I shower to often or lather with "normal" soaps to often I also itch. So I would like to try some natural soaps with sandalwood oil. Does anyone have any recommendations? I found this site whilst burning down Google and the four products seem like some I would like to try. 4 Top Rejuvenating Sandalwood Bath Soaps For Men - SandalWood Heaven

TIA,
Ken

There's really no such thing as a natural soap, at least not in bar or liquid form - but on a nature show I was watching there's a "soap plant" (Australia, IIRC) that will lather and clean without anything being added to it. It would seem odd to have a big bouquet in your shower, though.

Thanks! That would be pretty funny and I’m going to look this up for some education. I was looking to get away from chemical heavy soaps. I settled on bars from Mystic Waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested in diving into natural soaps. I have purchased them for my wife over the years off and on and she has always enjoyed them while they have lasted. I am a sandalwood fan and have been reading and reading about different soaps. I have fairly sensitive skin if I use to hot of a shower, I itch after. If I shower to often or lather with "normal" soaps to often I also itch. So I would like to try some natural soaps with sandalwood oil. Does anyone have any recommendations? I found this site whilst burning down Google and the four products seem like some I would like to try. 4 Top Rejuvenating Sandalwood Bath Soaps For Men - SandalWood Heaven

TIA,
Ken

Normal soaps cause itching with sensitive skin because they are cheaply made, not because they contain chemicals. They typically don't use very much glycerin or humectant, which makes the soap bar harsh, stripping your skin of oils and damaging the protein structure of the outer layer of the skin. If you use it on your hair, for instance, you can easily see this as the hair will become frizzy and dry.

If you have sensitive skin you should probably be using a cleanser or body wash like Cetaphil or CeraVe.

Top Bottom