What's new

Lip balm

I’m just wondering peoples opinions on any good lip balms? The taste is not so important I more so want the moisture factor than anything…as I havnt delved into anything past the ultra cheap store stuff I have no clue what to try …thank you in advance

I make my own, half beeswax and half jojoba oil (which is actually a wax that's liquid at room temperature). I've poured it into tubes but I prefer small flat containers. You can buy all this at craft stores or Amazon. I heat the mix for a few minutes over the stove and make a few ounces every year or two.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I use Nivea Lip Balm. You should be able to get it at your local Woolies, cheap but I find it pretty good.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’m a big fan of the Jack Black lip balm. Expensive as far as lip balms go but it will last a long time and is simply excellent

Carmex is great, but so is Chap Stick IMO. Either applied once a day, twice in the dry months of winter, usually works just fine.

I've tried a few boutique brands and they just don't seem to work as well.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have heard say that the more lip balm one uses the more one needs to use, the theory being that the presence of the balm prevents your skin from taking care of itself. I have seen similar arguments made against moisturiser, soap, shampoo, and even diet soda; that the people who make most use of a product are the very ones who should desist from doing so. Could be something in that idea I reckon.

I have heard say that the more lip balm one uses the more one needs to use, the theory being that the presence of the balm prevents your skin from taking care of itself. I have seen similar arguments made against moisturiser, soap, shampoo, and even diet soda; that the people who make most use of a product are the very ones who should desist from doing so. Could be something in that idea I reckon.
Notice how the lips become more chapped in cold, dry weather or a lot of direct sunlight? Why is that? Moisture loss. Lip balm provides a moisture barrier to prevent moisture from escaping too fast. The skin provides the actual moisture whether you use lip balm or not.

It's like $9.50 a tube, but L'Occtaine Shea Butter Lip Balm is excellent. Nivea in the light blue tube is pretty good too, but they changed something a year or two ago and I don't like it as much as I used to.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Chop Saver is very nice lip balm. It was originally made for trumpet players, hence the name. It's 100% natural and they also have another variety with sun screen. Pretty reasonable price as well. I've been using it for many years.

mystic waters, after using thier shave soaps for so long I branched and tried the lip balm and shampoo bar. the shampoo bar is real nice as well

Top Bottom