What's new

Let lather dry on the brush and re-wet it the next day?

I found that leaving the lather in the brush make Williams (new formulation) work much better. Might degrade the brush eventually, but I suspect badger or boar bristles won't be harmed much by mildly alkaline soaps, and boar will probably soften quite a bit which is a good thing.

No difference between dry soap and dry lather as far as bacteria go.

I have to wonder what kind of shave the residue will provide. For a while, I left soap remnants and lather residue in my bowl and re-used it. Much of the dried product was super-light foam that amounted to nothing. It was only the actual soap bits that reproduced a healthy lather.

Give it a try and see if it works for you though. I would be careful about what kind of brush you experiment with, however. Synthetic is likely fine.

Shall I post a picture of my latest experiment? Lol, no, not really an experiment, more of a "I'm too cheap to rinse this wunnerful leftover soap out of my brush" type of deal!

@wheatshocker gave me a nearly full jar of a "croap" I suppose one would call it. Shaved with it the other day. Truly nice stuff.

View attachment 1790014
This is the before pic, I had taken a bit of soap/croap out with a butter knife.

I was AMAZED by the fact that I had more product after I shaved my incredibly handsome face than I had before I had whipped up a nice lather!

I can only come to two possible konklusions:

One: it is science, and therefore it is whatever majik you choose to believe,

Or, B: I have somehow stumbled upon a way to make croap reproduce by fission!

I personally am going with my second possible konklusion, because I like to think that my incredibly handsome face somehow played a role in this. Sadly I feel that Science gets too much credit for miracles these days, so I admit I am not an unbiased observer.

I will post a picture straight away of my left over soap/croap!

Thank you @ajkel64 for the "shout-out" as we say in the northern hemisphere!

PS: do your toilets still flush backwards? I had an Unkle that had that happen to him in the Rocky Mountains one time, and he said that it was a good thing he was so short, because the pressure was so great it went over his head! True story doggone. Or mostly. The good parts were based on a true story at least.
I love these true doggone stories.

Directly from the Mühle's mouth:

Thank you Ed. Simplicity, I love it!

Here is my Simpson brush blooming nicely after latest shave. A thorough rinse and light towel dry is all that it needs.

IMG_6355.jpg

I rise all soap from the brush and if badger, gently dry it with low setting hairdryer. Brushes are like new.

Top Bottom