What's new

Jotter cards

Both Crane and Dempsey & Carroll make what they call Jotter Cards which are basically the size of a 3 x 5 index cards on exquisite paper. I think Crane prints theirs, and D & C engrave theirs. American Stationery has some, which they call Chits, and can be thermographed or letterpressed.

Does anyone use anything like these? What do you use them for? Are they simply the equivalent of a really expensive scratch pad for shopping lists?
There was a time when I had some jotter cards printed with my name at the top, but I found that the occasions when I actually needed my name on the them were very rare. So, for the last several years, I have used plain jotter cards from Graphic Image. I think they currently have a pack of 100 for around $12. I also use a leather jotter to carry them around and to write on.

Yes, I have used them for shopping lists, but I also use them just to jot down random thoughts during the day - "oh, that was a wonderful wine - let me write down the name of it," "my wife's birthday is six months from now, but I'll never remember this cool thing that I saw today that I think she would like unless I write it down," a short note to a coworker on occasion, etc. I find them to be very helpful, and I am always aggravated when I leave them at home and end up needing to write something during the day. A worthy purchase for anyone who loves to write!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
There was a time when I had some jotter cards printed with my name at the top, but I found that the occasions when I actually needed my name on the them were very rare. So, for the last several years, I have used plain jotter cards from Graphic Image. I think they currently have a pack of 100 for around $12. I also use a leather jotter to carry them around and to write on.

Yes, I have used them for shopping lists, but I also use them just to jot down random thoughts during the day - "oh, that was a wonderful wine - let me write down the name of it," "my wife's birthday is six months from now, but I'll never remember this cool thing that I saw today that I think she would like unless I write it down," a short note to a coworker on occasion, etc. I find them to be very helpful, and I am always aggravated when I leave them at home and end up needing to write something during the day. A worthy purchase for anyone who loves to write!
They look
Like nice cards. I too have stopped using monogrammed cards. The card stock I was buying on the River no longer offers lined one one side so I’m waiting to order more.

Top Bottom