What's new

I've been gone while....so, is Cella a remaining tallow holdout??

SO....I fell off the DE wagon the past few years, and delved into canned Clubman shave cream and carts. Time was of the essence in my life, but needless to say my shaving experiences became "meh".

Now, I'm back. But I find Tabac is now veggie (I have a hoard of the tallow stuff, so I'm not worried) and many other soaps are headed that way. Reading threads, I am confused with Cella. Did it go veggie? Only the 'green' version? re 1K bricks still out there in the tallow formula??

Great to be back. Sorry if this is a re-hash, I tried the search feature, and as usual on B&B, it is the only part of the site I find wanting.

Thaks in advance!!
Mitchell's Wool Fat, D.R. Harris and Arko are still tallow based.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Hi Marco, Always appreciate your perspectives here. What led to your decision to move away from tallow soaps?
This question has already been asked many times, but I'm glad to answer once more as always. :001_smile

Over the years my nose has become very sensitive to strong scents and I simply cannot stand the odour of tallow anymore. All tallow soaps soon or later develop that "sweat shirt" smell that I really cannot tolerate. Some soaps develop it after a while, some almost immediately. Furthermore, nowadays there are so many tallow-free soaps that perform on a par with the finest soaps containing tallow that make tallow no longer a priority for me.

This question has already been asked many times, but I'm glad to answer once more as always. :001_smile

Over the years my nose has become very sensitive to strong scents and I simply cannot stand the odour of tallow anymore. All tallow soaps soon or later develop that "sweat shirt" smell that I really cannot tolerate. Some soaps develop it after a while, some almost immediately. Furthermore, nowadays there are so many tallow-free soaps that perform on a par with the finest soaps containing tallow that make tallow no longer a priority for me.
Thank you for the response. I tend to prefer tallow soaps though, with Razorock's What The Puck, found my first vegan formula that performs at the same level as my tallow soaps. Saw that other quality soaps also use the same ingredients as What The Puck indicating others have figured out how to deliver top quality with a vegan formula. My three other vegan soaps, Proraso red croap, TFS Red Bowl/ Ciotola Rossa and Van Der Hagen Luxury, are good soaps but not quite at the level (lather well but not quite as slick) of my tallow products. Thanks to What the Puck I'm open to any soap base so long as it performs.

I've not noticed any off aroma from my tallow soaps though that may be because I use them in open mugs that allows any scent to dissipate. To date occasional use soaps that I cover/seal between uses just maintain their original scent longer. Note that I only use hard tallow soaps kept in an air conditioned environment so that may be why. While vegan my Proraso red croap does age faster than any of my hard soaps and per other B&Bers Cella original tallow formula can require refrigeration to maintain freshness.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you for the response. I tend to prefer tallow soaps though, with Razorock's What The Puck, found my first vegan formula that performs at the same level as my tallow soaps. Saw that other quality soaps also use the same ingredients as What The Puck indicating others have figured out how to deliver top quality with a vegan formula. My three other vegan soaps, Proraso red croap, TFS Red Bowl/ Ciotola Rossa and Van Der Hagen Luxury, are good soaps but not quite at the level (lather well but not quite as slick) of my tallow products. Thanks to What the Puck I'm open to any soap base so long as it performs.

I've not noticed any off aroma from my tallow soaps though that may be because I use them in open mugs that allows any scent to dissipate. To date occasional use soaps that I cover/seal between uses just maintain their original scent longer. Note that I only use hard tallow soaps kept in an air conditioned environment so that may be why. While vegan my Proraso red croap does age faster than any of my hard soaps and per other B&Bers Cella original tallow formula can require refrigeration to maintain freshness.
Sir, please continue to enjoy whatever makes you satisfied and happy. :001_smile

Top Bottom