What's new

I shaved my head with the Asylum RX and lived to talk about it.

Yes, you read that correctly. I purchased an Asylum RX V2 (seconds) and deployed it for the purpose of shaving my HEAD.

No, I'm not also a vigilante skulking Manhattan in the aftermath of a horrific home invasion. Nor am I Tyson's retired sparring partner suffering the pangs of adrenaline withdrawal and in need of a rush.

I'm just a regular, everyday, normal guy. I pull on my pants one leg at a time; same as the rest of you. However, before pulling on my pants each morning, I like to punch death in the throat.

Admittedly, in an initial moment of doubt I nearly reached for the SoftGuard blades. Fortunately, I was admonished by its colour scheme - these are blades designed for sensitive regions of the female anatomy. I took a deep breath, steadied my nerves and consecrated a marriage of the merciless Asylum razor and the biting steel of an unguarded Feather blade.

I suppose this audacious act places me alongside such rarefied company as Evel Knievel. Or perhaps some of those old-timey guys who went over Niagara Falls in their barrels.

But do not worry. I will not allow the inevitable acclaim to go to my head (no pun intended). I fully anticipate some of that crazy, seven-figure, razor brand sponsorship payola to start flowing my way. However, I will reject all of it.

I didn't undertake this ordeal for financial reward. I did so to share the wisdom…

The Asylum is a handsome devil. Loading is achieved (in suitable fashion) by loosening the handle a few turns and setting a blade into its lowered and gaping maw. The handle/knurling remained perfectly grippy in defiance of the sweat produced through such a delicate procedure. The blade-feel throbbed through to my marrow (which, as it turns out, is remarkably helpful in navigating a razor across the dark side of one's skull). The razor drew a single spot of blood on the uppermost conical part of cranium.

TLDR: it was the closest and most satisfying shave of my life

NOTE: I've disassembled the Asylum razor to ensure everyone can view this photo safely.

Attachments

• e9fcb526-d422-497c-aa88-2a68c3e46e53.jpg
    e9fcb526-d422-497c-aa88-2a68c3e46e53.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 21
I'm just a regular, everyday, normal guy. I pull on my pants one leg at a time; same as the rest of you. However, before pulling on my pants each morning, I like to punch death in the throat.
But do you also make gold records??

Not sure what it says about the razor, except for it will attempt to murder you every time you use it. I know that the word "Asylum" in most people's minds always follows the word "insane".
I don't own one of these. I do have a Boti which works well for head shaves. I have two Razorock V3 variants, the more aggressive safety bar and the open comb, and two Yaqi AC's, that I am yet to use.
As far as the most satisfying shave, I hope that holds up and is not just the honeymoon with the razor. There is nowhere to go from there.

Top Bottom