What's new

I might have to have a smoke after that shave.

Even after months of lurking and now months of spending way too much of my free time on B&B, in the back of my head the thought kept popping up, "how much better could a DE shave be? I mean my Schick Quatro and I do a damn good job and have been complimented many a time by a discerning woman or three. I even do a XTG pass with it and get a damn fine shave."

Today that ludicrous through was finally booted from my brain for good. My extended sampler pack from WCS showed up at lunch today so I would finally have the chance to take my newly acquired SuperSpeed for a spin and experience my first DE shave. Left work, hit the gym, came home and got set up.

Moss scuttle filled with hot water and C&E BBB soaking...
Flip of a coin decides I put a Derby in my SS...
Another flip of a coin decides I use [my favorite] Nancy Boy Signature cream...
Shower...
Apply loads of hot, fresh lather to face...
Slowly bring SS to face and begin shaving...

This is where all the time spent here listening to everyone about what works and what doesn't, and watching the mandatory instructional videos pays off. The first pass (WTG) was as easy as pie, no problems whatsoever, and I can't believe how nice (see: no tugging) it was. Reapplication of lather and it was time for the second pass (XTG). Also easy as pie. Now time for the third and slightly dreaded pass (ATG). Easy as...whoops.

With the exception of a little mole on my neck that got nicked (often with my Quatro too) and two tiny weepers that was a near perfect shave on my first time out (no burn whatsoever). And if it weren't for the small patch under my jaw that needed to be touched up, it was a BBS! I haven't been this proud of myself since high school when I woke up next to the captain of the girls gymnastics team. :biggrin:

Most don't recommend doing more than WTG on a first attempt, but it sounds like you pulled it off. Congrats! Now sell your remaining Quattro cartridges and make a killing.

There is nothing like great results right out of the chute. It is both encouraging and inspiring. It seems as if you are off to what will undoubtedly be a lifelong foray into the wonderful world of wetshaving.

Yes Congrats! Now as to "ethics"...

Most don't recommend doing more than WTG on a first attempt, but it sounds like you pulled it off. Congrats! Now sell your remaining Quattro cartridges and make a killing.

Pawning that off on some unsuspecting soul borders on being unethical.:w00t:

list them on ebay as being "mint":biggrin:

Is it unethical if some sucker bids it up because the words "rare" and "mint" are used? :confused: :tongue_sm

Excellent! That's what this is all about. I mean the shave, not the captain of the girls' gymnastic team, although each has its virtues. Now if this great shave gets you the captain of the women's Olympic swim team, I'll really be impressed.

Best,

Top Bottom