What's new

How do you use creams in a tube?

I don't use any bowls (for cream/soaps like proraso or the english creams) I just dip my brush into the actual bowl of cream and lather it on my face. Since that's been my method for years, I've always avoided tubes of cream for some reason.

We'll with the $5 deal on proraso red at Biglowe's I decided to try a tube. So, do you squirt a bit on the brush? Squeeze the whole thing into another container and use the way I use creams now, rub on my face with my hands, something else?

How do you use the tube cream if you don't use a separate bowl to lather up?

Thanks!

I've tried squirting a bit directly on to the brush and lathering on my face, that worked fine. You can also put some on the palm of your hand and get your lather started on that.

Or just on the lather bowl bandwagon :cool:

Whether in a tub or a tube, I always smear some cream all around my beard area and, using my fingertips, massage it into the beard. I then load my brush with some soap and proceed to create super lather on my face. Obviously, you don't have to use soap. Best - MM

I've tried squirting a bit directly on to the brush and lathering on my face, that worked fine. You can also put some on the palm of your hand and get your lather started on that.

Or just on the lather bowl bandwagon :cool:

Whether in a tub or a tube, I always smear some cream all around my beard area and, using my fingertips, massage it into the beard. I then load my brush with some soap and proceed to create super lather on my face. Obviously, you don't have to use soap. Best - MM

I think that about covers it.

Stick to what works for you in the past and put some cream on the brush or face and lather on. I personally get a large mug from the kitchen and make your lather on it. Ofcourse, now I claim it as my "shaving mug."

I know a lot of folks here have various ways of building their lather but my own favourite is to just squeeze a blob of cream onto my finger, smear on to the side of my face and use the brush to build lather directly on my face.

I do the same with a tub by just scooping a bit out on the end of my finger.

Apart from that i don't have room for a mug or bowl at the side of my basin, but maybe when I buy a bigger apartment I will have to aquire a mug/bowl/scuttle...........:smile:

I will rub some onto my wet, warmed face with bot hands, like I'm washing my face; then I put a dab on my brush and lather it up on my face.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Put a dab of cream in a bowl, mug or scuttle, and start lathering in that. Transfer the lather (or proto-lather if you are a face-latherer) to your face when ready.

For me, I deposit an appropriate sized snurdle of creme from the tube into the lathering mug and have at it!

I get a better lather when I use a bowl. I do like to lather it on my face for awhile before I shave, but I always use a bowl to start.

==Tom

Top Bottom