What's new

How do you dispose of used DE blades?

I tried my local Long's Drugstore for a sharps disposal container, but they had nothing. The ones for diabetics that I've looked at on-line seem to be very needle-oriented, not so much for blades. But I still haven't seen one in person. I currently have my eye on my Pinaud 12.5 oz Bay Rum aftershave (plastic) bottle.

If you use the Oral-B Hummingbird flossing tool, the plastic case that the replacement flossing tools come in is the perfect size for holding DE blades.

proxy.php

This package.

Simple suggestion, I save the old blades in the Feather Blade Tomb. When the tomb appears to be full, I open it and carefully put the blades into an empty plastic pill bottle. I then place the child-proof lid on the bottle and place it in the rubbish for disposal. Works well and protects little hands..

I remember my Dad placing his used blades into a slit on the inside of the wall mounted medicine cabinet in the bathroom. (yeah, I used to love to watch him shave). The blades just fell into the wall between the drywall/sheetrock. Guess 'they' don't make them like they used to.

When I was giving Dave Procrit injections, I duct taped the lid on a one pound coffee can and cut a slit in the top. When it was full; I taped the slit closed and threw the can into the trash. That or a soda/beer can would work by cutting the opening larger with snips.

If you have kids around, best to be safe.

Oh, depending on where you live, check their apples this Holloween. :)
Sue

I remember my Dad placing his used blades into a slit on the inside of the wall mounted medicine cabinet in the bathroom.

I know someone who is a plumber and always complaining about getting his hands cut open on razor blades when he works on old houses' bathrooms. lol

I keep the blades in small cardboard boxes until they get filled up, and tossed. Just filled up and threw away a C&E Lavender soap box with blades, now I have a White Flower analgesic balm box ready for the next blade change.

Top Bottom