What's new

Happy Canada Day, eh! ;-)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php

mountie.jpg
When I was a young pup growing up in East Lansing, MI playing hockey 'in the nets' on various traveling teams, I remembered I always enjoyed playing hockey in Windsor,
Kitchener, Hamilton and Toronto to to name a few cities.
proxy.php

Or when I was stationed at Fort Drum, NY (00-03), playing hockey in nearby cities such as
Gananoque and Kingston or seeing then Blessed (now Saint), John Paul II during the 17th World Youth Day 2002 in Toronto or the Mrs. and my vacation in Quebec years ago and seeing some of most breath-taking views (like crossing the Thousand Islands Bridge).
Canada Collage.jpg

I've always found Canadians to be a hard working, friendly, out-going and gracious people!
proxy.php

Canada Day.jpg
"Canada is Yours to Discover..Eplorez sans Fin'...[where Hockey is The Coolest Game on Earth...Yeah Baby]!!!. Canada Tourism Slogan

Last edited:
proxy.php

View attachment 894805 When I was a young pup growing up in East Lansing, MI playing hockey 'in the nets' on various traveling teams, I remembered I always enjoyed playing hockey in Windsor, Kitchener, Hamilton and Toronto to to name a few cities.
proxy.php

Or when I was stationed at Fort Drum, NY (00-03), playing hockey in nearby cities such as
Gananoque and Kingston or seeing Blessed John Paul II during the 17th World Youth Day 2002 in Toronto or the Mrs. and my vacation in Quebec years ago and seeing some of most breath-taking views (like crossing the Thousand Islands Bridge). View attachment 894803 View attachment 894804

I've always found Canadians to be a hard working, friendly, out-going and gracious people!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Canada is Yours to Discover'...[where Hockey is The Coolest Game on Earth...Yeah Baby]!!!. Canada Tourism Slogan
Thank you for the happy Canada Day well wishes! Very kind of you. (You forgot to mention we are very polite as well...sorry, had to throw that in! And we say sorry a lot as well.)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Happy birthday Canada! Poutine and smoked meat for everybody!

You're not kidding about politeness. The politest guy I ever met was an agent at the border near Niagara Falls in the early 90s. When he questioned me and the woman who would eventually become Mrs. Ouch, he looked at her and must have assumed she was being held against her will (he was not entirely incorrect). He leaned into the car and said, "Miss, of which country are you a citizen?" My future bride responded, "Umm. New York?"

He tried to suppress his laughter and his eyes welled up with tears. When he was finally able to breathe, he said to me, "Thank you for visiting Canada, sir. You seem to already have enough on your plate", and he waved me on.

About twenty miles down the road she realized what she said, and wanted me to go back so she could apologize.

Huzzah!
Just got back from watching the fireworks. Would you believe it, the organizers of our local Canada Day Celebration went around giving out chocolate for the birthday bash. Precious!

Rained all day here, so outdoor celebrations and fireworks were all cancelled. Actually had tornado warnings in Geraldton in Northern Ontario! How weird is that? I spent most of the day in my shop and made another custom clone to give away as a celebration of July 1 and July 4 and how lucky we are to be neighbours. I'll post it today when I get the pics organized.

Howdy to all the good people of Windsor, Sarnia, WaWa, Hornepayne, Toronto, Montreal, etc who have treated me with such kindness over the years.

Canada’s 151st followed in short order by the USA’s 242nd...that’s close to four hundred years of perfection right there.
The highlight of the day was yapping over the backyard fence with my neighbour, a huge Leafs fan who was over the moon about the signing of John Tavares.

Yup, 33C outside and we we just can’t shut up about hockey. Typical Canadians, eh?

I was just corresponding with a B&B member who was also quite excited about the Tavares signing.
I figured not a lot would get done out of my group this week at work, with the Canadian team members having the long weekend and most of the Americans taking the week off because the 4th is right in the middle of the week.

Top Bottom