What's new

Goodfella Safety Razor?

I believe so, but you can contact Andrew the CEO and ask him.
http://www.goodfella.co.nz/

Actually, I just exchanged some e-mails with Joanne in Goodfella customer accounts. She confirmed that the entire razor is made in New Zealand. She found it hilarious that someone here said that the head was possibly made in India and then plated or finished in New Zealand.

The folks at Goodfella are very nice. When I told them that I was going to be in New Zealand later this year and wanted to buy a Goodfella while I was there, they offered to deliver it to my hotel in Auckland. Now that's customer service.

I'm sure that they don't need my business but I'm going to buy a Goodfella because it sounds like a fine razor and because I want to give my business to a company that cares so much for its customers.

A

AndyB

I have a black one. The finish is a kind of paint so there is a small residue on the very top that I feel with my finger nail. Like it wasn't buffed completely. I don't know if this is usual. Sometimes when I screw shut, the blade inside may twist just a fraction and so be unequal left to right - very small maybe 1/8 mm difference. I ahve to put a small opposing force when making final thread turn. There is some discoloration at the bottom of the thread of the bolt. These are minor issues, I think.
Maybe this is a lifetime shaver but also it may be that men lose their shavers or give them away, too ...
Packaging is only a cardboard box so when wife and I were busy organising the redecoration of house my box got inadvertently thrown out so now I don't have a reg number, or a carry box, which anyway would have disintegrated with water damage over time.
So, it's minimal presentation. But, it's less than a 100 bucks, which can't buy much nowadays.
As a Kiwi I wanted to support the Kiwi company. I am glad I did.
I would rather this way than keep using the ridiculous things called 'men's shavers' sold nowadays in supermarkets.

I use Astras because Feathers and Derbys seemed to slice. Astras give a solid feelable surface to cut with. Like four decent tyres on the road.
The shaver does drop but only when I have slippery fingers when shaving in the shower with soap and shampoo everywhere.
Visual: over-the-hand view is good so that I can cut near my nose and see - have had no nicks there. Sadly have had new nicks elsewhere that haven't had before - on the neck. But, mostly that is because I shave blind with several short swift passes while in the shower rather than at the mirror. When at the mirror I don't really nick. Sometimes irritate though, which may be as I am still a noob at DE. Or I am just impatient. Maybe the soap sucks. I have changed soap several times ...

All in all I am glad as it is a good intro to me for DE shaving.
Cheers.

Another Goodfella owner here. I've had this razor for a few months and, while I don't use it frequently, I keep it in the rotation and am pleased with the quality shave it offers.

I shave mainly with straight razors these days. When I do shave with a DE, I have two go-to razors: the Merkur HD for a precise close shave, and the Goodfella for a gentle close shave.

I use Iridium blades without any "corking" or other treatments.

The Goodfella is well built, light and small. If you like an elegant and lightweight razor, the Goodfella is a winner. This is my top choice for a smooth, comfortable shave from a razor that is light in the hand. It is refreshing to see a new product in this area. The shave is close, but gentle. This is the most comfortable DE razor I own. To me it is well worth the price.

When I feel like a DE with some heft, the Merkur HD is my top choice. I think I can get a tiny bit closer with the Merkur HD, but it is a tiny bit less comfortable for me. YMMV

I also use very disparate straight razors, sometimes choosing a heavy wedge, sometimes a 1/4 ground, and sometimes a double hollow ground "singing" blade depending on my mood.

I love wet shaving because it offers the options to fine tune the experience by choosing different razors, pre-shaves, lather sources, brushes, balms, and the like.

Top Bottom