What's new

Geissele Super Duty or LaRue Tactical OBR 5.56?

Unfortunately, 223 Wylde is only available for the PredatAR series rifles.

The (1-in-8) 5.56 NATO PredatOBR has the quick take-down feature, which will be nice when I eventually add a 14.5” barrel & can. Being that I presently only have (& reload for) 5.56x45 rifles, with no plans on adding a 223 Rem to the lineup, the OBR makes a lot of sense.

5.56 NATO, 5.56x45, .223 Wylde, and .223 Remington are basically the same..556 runs higher pressure so you can't shoot it in a barrel marked .223.

You can shoot. 223 Rem, .223 Wylde and .556 in a barrel marked .556 NATO and .233 Wylde.

The .223 Wylde chamber is a little tighter than the .556 so it is a little more accurate.

I hope I understood your statement and didn't confuse you.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I also put this one together yesterday. It has a 14.5" Rainier Arms Ultra Match barrel. It is also chambered in .223 Wylde 1-8 twist with a mid length gas system. It's supposed to be guaranteed to shoot .5" moa, not that I will ever achieve that. The White Oak Armament barrel is supposed to shoot .75 moa.

Although I vote for the 18", ans long as it's a quality barrel, you're probably not going to see much difference in accuracy between the 16" and 18" barrels, so get the one you want.

View attachment 1623586

White Oak, Rainier. You definitely know what you are doing. :). Very nice rifles sir.

White Oak, Rainier. You definitely know what you are doing. :). Very nice rifles sir.

I'm not sure about knowing what I'm doing, we'll just say I've been around the block 😉. I've had the black rifle disease for a time.

I first ran across WOA at the Wanemacher gun show about 20 years ago. They alway had a couple of tables and it was one of the many vendors on my list.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm not sure about knowing what I'm doing, we'll just say I've been around the block 😉. I've had the black rifle disease for a time.

I first ran across WOA at the Wanemacher gun show about 20 years ago. They alway had a couple of tables and it was one of the many vendors on my list.

Tulsa in April or October is probably the only gunshow I attend anymore. :)

Tulsa in April or October is probably the only gunshow I attend anymore. :)

I started going above 25 years ago and didn't miss more than a couple shows. We moved to Missouri about 10 years ago and have been back.

11 acres, indoors, almost 3500 tables, wall to wall with 30,000 people. Whats not to love. I miss it.

If you can't find it there, they don't make it and you don't need it. I remember Magpul having a tables, I'd never heard of them before. All they had on their table was mag pulls for AR mags and a stack of surplus Colt A1 M16 uppers with a 20" pencil barrel. I didn't see the need for a mag pull but I bought an upper. I had no idea Magpul would become what they are today.

Maybe I'll see you there on the 1st. 🤣

Good eye 😉. It came on my Armalite m15tac16, I thought this would be a good place for it.
Yeah, I dearly wish I'd been able to get one of their open-stack helicals when they first came out. They were never classified as suppressors as far as I know. Unlike the brace makers, OSS saw the writing on the wall.

They've come back as Huxwrx.com and the Banners are half price right now.