What's new

Flannel Shirts

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
After reading this thread, have acquired cotton Duluth Trading Co. and Vermont Flannel shirts. Both are soft as a whisper. Fit and finish superior to prior favorites Lands’ End and Orvis. Intend to buy a vintage wool Pendleton flannel shirt, but so far everything appears to have significant wear or holes.

Threads such as this is yet another reason to love B&B: learning things from gentlemen that every man should know and appreciate. Cheers!

E4C61236-451C-4C22-85E6-2E7C20295E3D.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Messygoon : thanks for the info. I've had a few of Duluth's "hillbilly sports coats" over the years and wear them to church and stacking wood and everything in between. Tougher than snot. (Just how tough is snot?)

Lol, I bought an old Pendleton wool button up dark grey sweater that I found at Goodwill. I probably (definitely) look like an old fert, but I love it. I look like Fred Rogers having a bad day, and if I'm using my cane at the same time I get Otto Mattick respect.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
@Messygoon : thanks for the info. I've had a few of Duluth's "hillbilly sports coats" over the years and wear them to church and stacking wood and everything in between. Tougher than snot. (Just how tough is snot?)

Lol, I bought an old Pendleton wool button up dark grey sweater that I found at Goodwill. I probably (definitely) look like an old fert, but I love it. I look like Fred Rogers having a bad day, and if I'm using my cane at the same time I get Otto Mattick respect.
Aren't resale shops the bomb? Something about finding usefulness in discarded items gives this old guy hope.

I can just visualize you playing the lead in the upcoming super hero movie, Bad Fred; a cross between Fred Rogers with a 'tude and Gran Torino, where you defeat the hooligans in your flannels to win back Mr. Farmer Tan's neighborhood.

You are hysterical and well loved. If we don't connect before, have a wonderful New Year my friend!

FarmerTan

Aren't resale shops the bomb? Something about finding usefulness in discarded items gives this old guy hope.

I can just visualize you playing the lead in the upcoming super hero movie, Bad Fred; a cross between Fred Rogers with a 'tude and Gran Torino, where you defeat the hooligans in your flannels to win back Mr. Farmer Tan's neighborhood.

You are hysterical and well loved. If we don't connect before, have a wonderful New Year my friend!
Boy, that is a pretty fitting description my friend.

I made the mistake of going on Fakebook around Christmas. My intention was to be Christlike, but after I'd picked a few fights I realized Christ never did that, or, lol, it wasn't his INTENT to start a fight.

So I did what I should do, and came back here, where the morons are better behaved, which helps me be better behaved, because, I mean, who wants to be shown up by a moron?

So I will try hard not to go back to Fakebook until you folks teach me gooder manners.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Funny result from a subscription to a flannel thread .. but I heartily agree with not patronizing Fool's Book - though there are many more morons there

If anybody's looking for a great employee discount... Vermont flannel is now hiring! I pass their headquarters ever time I visit my father-in-law or mother-in-law and see the hiring sign. You just need to move to bucolic Vermont

I used to like flannel shirts until the whole grunge thing all those years ago and the damned Eagles. Now, I can't wear them, they're too cliche. Instead, I wear oxford cloth button downs or twill military style shirts (khaki, OD, epaulets). Because, you see, I don't do cliches...

;)

FarmerTan

I used to like flannel shirts until the whole grunge thing all those years ago and the damned Eagles. Now, I can't wear them, they're too cliche. Instead, I wear oxford cloth button downs or twill military style shirts (khaki, OD, epaulets). Because, you see, I don't do cliches...

;)
You need to "take it easy" while you are "running down the road" and perhaps your load will become looser!

Top Bottom