What's new

Drewmac's Production Strop MKI

Well, I finally got the hardware and leather I need to make a few newbie level strops. The leather is some beautiful looking 2.5" english bridle, fastened to a d-ring with chicago screws. I have some 2" cotton webbing coming tomorrow that I can attach as well. What do you guys think? I have enough material to make three strops; I'll probably put two of them on the BST. Sorry, the photos aren't the best...strops are difficult to photograph well.

DSC_5540 by Andrew Baumann, on Flickr

I like the look of it quite a bit. The icon is really nice too. Well done.

How do you like the English Bridal? I got one from a different vendor a couple months back, and it feels a bit crispy to be. My stainless razors really really seem to like it though.

I like the look of it quite a bit. The icon is really nice too. Well done.

How do you like the English Bridal? I got one from a different vendor a couple months back, and it feels a bit crispy to be. My stainless razors really really seem to like it though.

Hmm...define crispy. Like rough, or textured? I did a glass bottle rubbing on this, and it feels really smooth.

Hmm...define crispy. Like rough, or textured? I did a glass bottle rubbing on this, and it feels really smooth.

Textured is the best way to describe it. Not in a bad way or anything. I really had no idea what to expect when I ordered it, I was just curious to try something different.

Textured is the best way to describe it. Not in a bad way or anything. I really had no idea what to expect when I ordered it, I was just curious to try something different.

I actually get that a bit more with the untreated veg tanned cowhide. To me, this feels much smoother. When I made these last two strops, I tried to create strops that felt broken in - something that feels like it's been used for years. The glass rubbing and stretching really seems to help create that, but it has the added benefit of smoothing out the leather significantly.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Nice! Would look really good hanging from a hook in the shave den!

Top Bottom