What's new

DR Harris Sandalwood

I detect little sandalwood here, whether soap, cologne, or aftershave.

If anything the most prominent note is cherry almond, the kind that comes from benzaldehyde. Am I the only one who finds this?

I have not tried it, but had thought about it, so thanks for the helpful information. Sandalwoods can be so variable, it's really a crapshoot. At least it sounds like it would go well with Cella, though!

You should try it, it’s generally well liked here. There’s definitely a medicinal camphorous “woodiness” to it but it’s not sandalwood nor cedar. The sweet cherry almond blends in well somehow.

I found the cream smelt like Sandalwood but seemingly am the only one! Many others found it had a heavy camphor scent which I just don't get. Perhaps there are different versions of the fragrance out there?

No they’re all the same, soap cream aftershave cologne. It’s nice but it’s not sandalwood. It’s a sweet cherry almond with a camphorous «woody» base.

Trumper Sandalwood has sandalwood, but it’s buried in vanilla for several hours. Proraso red, Captain’s Choice, and Le Père Lucien aftershaves are pretty straight sandalwood.

I detect little sandalwood here, whether soap, cologne, or aftershave.

If anything the most prominent note is cherry almond, the kind that comes from benzaldehyde. Am I the only one who finds this?

DRH sandalwood is nice, I've no problem. It's perhaps on the 'light' side, IMHO.
Seems like every brand has it's own 'take' on sandalwood.
So, users need to try various and then select a personal preference!

D.R.Harris sandalwood electric october 17 2022.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I have the DRH sandalwood aftershave. I think of it as a camphor cologne rather than as a sandalwood fragrance. I really don't reach for it very often. I think it leaves my face feeling a bit oily.

Yes the aftershave seemed heavy on glycerin, which I thought was a good thing. The 500ml bottle comes to half price.

Top Bottom