What's new

Dollar General Blades

A few months ago on a whim I bought a package of Dollar General blades. I just now got around to trying one and I've got to say it worked very well for me. Sharp and smooth. I figured I would struggle to get through one shave with it and end up throwing them away. The package says made in Vietnam. Anybody else like them?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I bought a pack on a whim as well. Haven't’ used them yet though. Likely won’t buy them again good or bad because they were kinda expensive. Plus I’ve got plenty. It was just “oh something new”

They are repackaged Dorco blades. I like them a lot. They work for me quite well. If you like these blades then give Dorco Prime blades a try. A 100 pack of Prime blades is a lot cheaper.

I bought a package at Family Dollar a few years ago. They were made in Vietnam also. I only used one, but I found it to be a very good blade. I think I shaved with it about 10 times before tossing it, not out of necessity but just because I have a ton of other blades to use up. Paying a dollar for five blades is not the most economical way to buy blades, but if in a pinch these definately would work for me.

I have a couple hundred blades of different brands as well. Was just really surprised at how well the DG blade worked for me.

A lot of 'store brand' blades are either Dorcos or Personnas. Check the 'Made In' information to determine which. If made in Korea or Vietnam they tend to be Dorcos, and if made in Israel they are Personnas. Neither are my favorite blades, but they do an acceptable job shaving my stubble so I usually have a tuck or two around.

I have a whole box full of Dollar General Blades that I bought back about 10 years ago. The first ones I started buying were still being made in Israel which were pretty nice blades. Then they switched to Korea and they were not so good so I stopped buying them.

Last week I bought a 5 pack made in China blades that were very sharp and comfortable, almost as comfortable as Assra SP's. Good blade to use if you forgot to order your 100 box of Astras.

Top Bottom