What's new

WTB Charcoal Top Cap

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Bump. Longshot I know.
In case you are not aware, there are several suitable alternative top caps. I had an extra base plate at one point, and a large number of CG handles. It made no sense that i couldn't just make another razor. But as you know, the top caps are impossible to find. So I started digging through a bunch of old forums and blog posts to find the answer. There are several Tech and NEW top caps that will work. These are the ones with the straight bar running across the bottom of the cap. But I found some of those to be too long on the screw that goes into the handle. But the best alternative I have found is the CLIX 500 top cap. This cap fits perfectly on the CG base plates. Not Gen 3 of course. But they work great on my Gen 1's. The CLIX 500 is the version with the metal baseplate and top cap. There is another version with a metal top cap, and a bakelite base plate. I dont know if that one fits, but it could be worth a shot. I bought my donor Clix 500 razor for around $10 on ebay. I hope that helps a bit.

In case you are not aware, there are several suitable alternative top caps. I had an extra base plate at one point, and a large number of CG handles. It made no sense that i couldn't just make another razor. But as you know, the top caps are impossible to find. So I started digging through a bunch of old forums and blog posts to find the answer. There are several Tech and NEW top caps that will work. These are the ones with the straight bar running across the bottom of the cap. But I found some of those to be too long on the screw that goes into the handle. But the best alternative I have found is the CLIX 500 top cap. This cap fits perfectly on the CG base plates. Not Gen 3 of course. But they work great on my Gen 1's. The CLIX 500 is the version with the metal baseplate and top cap. There is another version with a metal top cap, and a bakelite base plate. I dont know if that one fits, but it could be worth a shot. I bought my donor Clix 500 razor for around $10 on ebay. I hope that helps a bit.

Great info, thanks! I had no idea others would fit. I'll research what fits and for $10 worth a shot.

I'm in no rush either. I have an extra baseplate at the moment so figured I'd try to find a top cap.

Thanks again for the helpful info!

Top Bottom