What's new

Can you really ever have enough Stirling Bay Rum?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I just ordered another bottle of Stirling Bay Rum aftershave. That makes three unopened and one half way done. The cologne will last a while as I don't use that nearly as much as the aftershave. Fantastic stuff. Still waiting for the Stirling Bay Rum t-shirt to be offered.

You'll never guess what splash i used today...that's right! ... Stirling Bay Rum! It was grand!
So….I know you are a Bay Rum fanatic. Is Stirling the best of the best? I currently have WSP, PAA and Fine. Wondering what I am missing…other than money in my wallet! Ha!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
So….I know you are a Bay Rum fanatic. Is Stirling the best of the best? I currently have WSP, PAA and Fine. Wondering what I am missing…other than money in my wallet! Ha!

It's a great question. I personally like Stirling very much. However, it is markedly different. Stirling Bay Rum is heavy on the nutmeg scent moreso than any other Bay Rum I've encountered. You're either going to like that...or not. I happen to like it very much.

From the list of Bay Rums that you've tried, I would try either Barberry Coast or Barrister and Mann. Both of those blend all of the common Bay Rum scents, like: citrus, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice...with the Pimento Racemosa very, very well.

All of the Bay Rums you list as having been tried are good. Fine I found to be a bit lackluster in that it's a kind of Bay Rum that's just Pimento Racemosa without much else...no accompanying scents. If that's what you like in a Bay Rum, then you will really like Fine Bay Rum. PAA has a number of Bay Rum scents. I gravitate towards Clasico and Atomic Age. Their Atomic Pumpkin is also excellent. It's not as pumpkin heavy as you might think and the one scent that stands out in it far more than pumpkin is blood orange citrus. WSP Bay Rum is very good juice indeed...has a lime citrus note that's blended in nicely.

Best of luck with your choice!

I recently got soap and splash samples of Stirling's Bay Rum. I shaved with the sample one time, and immediately ordered a full tub. I have a lot of Bay Rum splashes, and I want to try the sample a few more times to make sure I can handle that sting before committing to a bottle, but man oh man Sterling's take on Bay Rum is excellent!

Top Bottom