What's new

Beard hair growing off face

I've been growing a beard for about 2.5 months but the hair on my chin and neck stays on my face, like it's clinging to it. I brush and comb my beard down but can't get the hair to grow off my face. Will it leave my face naturally after a while or do I have to train the hairs to do so?

Just give it a bit more time. Some guys can grow a killer beard in 2 1/2 months, but I think most take a little longer. It's been awhile since I've had mine trimmed very close, but I would say it would take me 3-4 months to get to the point of leaving the face and taking on a shape of it's own. Probably about 6 months before it starts to get to medium to big beard territory. Beard on! :thumbup1:

Thanks bro! Will let it keep growing. How long's your beard? Is there a certain way to brush/comb it or just so it's neat and not too many fly aways?

I use a light bit of beard wax to tame the fly aways. Brush frequently to 'train'. Your beard is as unique as you. Let it find itself with just a little help from you. Let it grow and don't obsess. Beard on!

It hangs about 2 inches off my chin, but the hairs on the front of the chin are around 4 inches. I actually just cut about an inch or so off the chin this weekend to even things out. I trimmed down to a ducktail in the spring and started growing the cheeks back in about a month and a half ago. I mostly just put some beard oil in after my morning shower and comb it down.

I use a light bit of beard wax to tame the fly aways. Brush frequently to 'train'. Your beard is as unique as you. Let it find itself with just a little help from you. Let it grow and don't obsess. Beard on!

Thanks for the reply! Do you have any advice on what to do with the hair on my chin? As it is really thick and becomes pointed and clumps together if I don't comb it back.

It hangs about 2 inches off my chin, but the hairs on the front of the chin are around 4 inches. I actually just cut about an inch or so off the chin this weekend to even things out. I trimmed down to a ducktail in the spring and started growing the cheeks back in about a month and a half ago. I mostly just put some beard oil in after my morning shower and comb it down.

Wow so it's pretty long, that's kind of what I have if I don't comb it. Yeah I just comb in some beard oil and maybe balm after my shower.

Not sure. Is it a wiry and curly beard? If so, that is what nature gave you so try to use it to your advantage rather than fight it. Comb and brush while waiting patiently another 4 months or so to revaluate.

Patience.

In addition to the beard wax mentioned by August West, beard oil will also help not only keep down the hair a bit, but it also softens it so it's less likely to have the strength to stick straight forwards.

Top Bottom