What's new

Aeropress Grind

Just got an Aeropress from my girlfriend for my Birthday!

So I downloaded the Aerobie Aeropress app to help me learn how to use this thing. It's actually a pretty cool app, it was a huge help for my first brew.

It lists grind consistency in each recipe as "Medium", "Medium Fine", "Medium Coarse"...

I've got a Baratza Encore grinder and I just used the grinders recommended settings for my first brew at a 10 or 11. I'm just curious what the range is between Medium Fine and Medium Coarse, and what settings everyone is using.

Thanks guys!

I don't have or use that grinder but what I prefer is a grind between drip coffee and espresso, so basically a medium find. Half the fun of an aeropress is adjusting your grind to see how it changes the flavor and to find your preferred grind. Enjoy!

I don't have or use that grinder but what I prefer is a grind between drip coffee and espresso, so basically a medium find. Half the fun of an aeropress is adjusting your grind to see how it changes the flavor and to find your preferred grind. Enjoy!

Totally agree. I use mine on business trips with everything from home-ground to Starbucks single packs. At home though the fun is in changing it up. Usually I'm closer to the espresso end but it depends how long you wait to extract the coffee. For me the longer the coarser to balance bitterness in over-steeping.

Totally agree. I use mine on business trips with everything from home-ground to Starbucks single packs. At home though the fun is in changing it up. Usually I'm closer to the espresso end but it depends how long you wait to extract the coffee. For me the longer the coarser to balance bitterness in over-steeping.

Good tips guys, thanks!

I can't wait to experiment with this thing some more

Top Bottom