What's new

A splasheriffic splash epiphany

Ya know I just had this "ah-ha moment".... What's nice about splashes is that you can actually have a variety and still stand a chance of actually whittling down your inventory (to make room for trying new ones of course).

Think about how long it would take to finish eight bottles of different splashes compared to lathering down eight cakes of triple milled soap.........

I've actually been doing this a bit of late. I'm tending to use the same soap for a few days and the splash is where I'm mixing things up, especially with the milder, more soapy-smelling soaps.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It's kind of sad, when we celebrate that fact that this stuff can be used up quickly. :blush:

... btw, I have come to the same conclusion, and rejoiced. :blushing:

I agree, it's kind of a bizarre way to think. I don't do this for soaps/creams (trying to whittle those down and not "auto-replenish"), just the splashes. Go figure, some might see this as totally irrational.

I concur.

It also helps the wifey from asking, "why do you have so much shave stuff around here?"

note to self: must use up quickly.

You know, this is probably the most common-sense piece of advice that I've read lately. And worthwhile.

Looking at my stack of soaps and creams that will probably last me the rest of my life, you all just gave me a "D'oh!" moment. Heck, Mama Bear's soaps alone will probably last me ten years. :w00t: The splashes and aftershaves would be a nice variety and would necessarily get used up more quickly.

But then, I'm a huge fan of Trumper's Limes Aftershave and really haven't ventured far from it. I tried Royall Lymes - um, no. 4711 works nicely as an aftershave, though. Heck, maybe my variety is in soaps/creams.

But I wished I'd thought of this ten months ago . . . . :blushing:

Top Bottom