What's new

A little nagura pr0n

I received my nagura from Teshiba-san yesterday. Thought I'd share some pics for those that enjoy such things...

Here is the full collection:

proxy.php

Koma (コマ):

proxy.php

Meijiro (目白):

proxy.php

Tenjou (天上):

proxy.php

Botan (ボタン):

proxy.php

A partial group portrait:

proxy.php

I honestly have not had them long enough to try using a progression of nagura without the koma. I've only done one blade, and I went through botan, meijiro, and koma. So, I just can't say. As I get some time, I'll experiment with an edge with and without the koma and report back my results...

Koma can be the missing link to some depending on the stone. From my results the softer the stone the less noticeable it is if you skip the Koma but the harder the stone, like an Asagi type it is a very nice progression to have.

Those look beautiful and I'll be waiting for mine:001_smile

I would think that the botan and tenjou would be very close. What are you seeing with regard to these two (if you've gotten to them yet)?

I would think that the botan and tenjou would be very close. What are you seeing with regard to these two (if you've gotten to them yet)?

Conventional wisdom is that meijiro and tenjou are actually very similar and that you only need one of the two. I'll have to try some blades with each in the progression to assess it...

Top Bottom