What's new

Klar Seifen Klassik

Pros: If you are a 'face latherer' this is the one for you. Long lasting.
Cons: It won't lather up well in a dish.
It has become my standard shaving soap, for now.
I was routinely using the Italian soft soaps but the Klar Seifen Klassik produces a firmer lather and ,for me, goes well with my Feather blade/Merkur Vision/ Futur razor combinations.
I think I'll try the 'Sport' version next!
N.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Thick cushioning lather, ease of use, minimalist but robust packaging, scent
Cons: Could be the only soap you need.
Very high quality dense soap in a very minimalist but robust aluminium tin. The 110 grams should give a solid one hundred shaves even if you are a product hog. A pleasant masculine scent that is not overbearing and does not linger long after your shave. The lather is easy to produce, control, is slick, and protective. Great with straights and DEs alike. If you want airy fluffy lather it may leave you wanting. I do prefer on the thicker side. Some users don't care for the narrow diameter tin. I turn it upside down and apply enough pressure to the brush to spread the knot just enough to cover the puck diameter. Easy, clean, no waste. After using Klassik, I went and added Sport to my rotation as well. Glad my favourite shave shop, MenEssentials, now stocks this product and their hand soaps.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Slick, effective and very moisturizing
Cons: none
Price: what can you say, its not cheap

Quality: Its great soap, you get what you pay for.

Scent: Love it. I find myself sneaking by the bathroom every once in a while to have a sniff. Its not an in your face scent like Tabac. Much more subdued, but definately there. Its a dead ringer for the A/S

Lather: It seems to like water. I face lather and get thick, rich lather. Its rather close to the face as opposed to meraigne.

Efficacy: very slick and it rinses clean very quickly

Moisturizing: Very
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Price: Honestly, this stuff is expensive. It currently costs about $32 for 110g in a tin. You get a little bit more by weight than some other traditional soaps, but the tin isn't really that nice compared to some of the wooden bowls out there. Fortunately, it seems to last a decent period of time.

Quality: This really goes hand in hand with price. The tin isn't amazing, but looks are generally secondary to performance to me. The soap seems to be of good quality.

Scent: I really enjoy the scent of this stuff. It's spicy and musky, in my opinion a very manly scent. I absolutely don't mind smelling like this stuff all day.

Lather: Very easily my biggest complaint about this product. It makes a thin lather compared to some of the British soaps like D.R. Harris. I haven't been able to get it to make a lather that compares. If this would bother you greatly, I'd recommend staying away from this product.

Efficacy: The slickness of this product is its greatest quality. I haven't sampled a huge number of soaps, but this is one of the slickest. Dare I say this soap is slicker than MWF? Though the lather isn't as good as my D.R. Harris, I greatly prefer this to it as the slickness leaves me completely irritation free.

Moisturizing: I picked this product up in the winter, and my house is pretty dry. However, I found that it was pretty moisturizing compared to some others. It isn't the absolute best out there, but it isn't even close to the worst.

Note: When shaving with this soap, I occasionally get a bit of a tingle. I consider myself to have mildly sensitive skin, but if you have very sensitive skin perhaps this isn't the best product for you.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)