Badger & Blade

rbscebu
rbscebu
The blade is definitely carbon steel with little corrosion resistance. After its first use I thought that I had dried the blade properly. I forgot to oil and put the razor back into its tin case.

A few days later I opened the razor up again and noticed some rust stains. Fortunately I was able to polish them out with 0.25u diamond paste and not leave any noticable marks on the blade.

Lesson learnt with this blade - dry and oil after each use.
A
adductum
I found stropping this razor difficult so couldnt make use of it
rbscebu
rbscebu
The W59 does take a little more concentration when learning to strop it due to the acute toe angle in profile. After the first few shaves, I had no problems in stropping it.
Straight up
Straight up
Just ordered the same thing from Amazon for $12.19 US delivered. There is no engraving on the blade, but I prefer that. Should be a month or so before it arrives.
rbscebu
rbscebu
@Straight up, once you get your W59 and have some experience with it, please consider adding your rating here.
rbscebu
rbscebu
My latest GD W59 purchases were packaged (mid 2020) in black PU leather pouches and not the tin cases.
Straight up
Straight up
My second order for the W59 from Amazon, didn't arrive. I cancelled two weeks after the due date and got a refund.
Top Bottom