What's new

Just saying hi

@Dru Welcome, and make sure you have fun with going down the rabbit hole lol.

As KeenDogg mentioned about the knob, here is a picture showing the differences that I pulled off the net a while back and I added the note about the knurling on the knobs:

fb_slim_comp01.jpg

@Dru Welcome, and make sure you have fun with going down the rabbit hole lol.

As KeenDogg mentioned about the knob, here is a picture showing the differences that I pulled off the net a while back and I added the note about the knurling on the knobs:

View attachment 924327
Thanks everyone for the input an advice. On closer inspection the Slim i was originally looking at appears to have some of the plating missing on the head. As this could render it unusable, to be safe, i though i'd give it a pass to be safe. I quite like the Gillette Slim Adjustable Aristocrat in gold as I don't have a gold razor yet. Are they worth looking at?

I don't think the plating really affects the shave, but don't quote me on that lol. I happen to have the Black Beauty in gold, and noticed that it shows wear on the head where it makes most of the skin contact. I don't know how long it takes to wear out, but I've read that gold plated tends to be quicker than nickel plated.

Top Bottom