What's new

Movie Comedy Recommendations

If you have a favorite comedy you'd like to recommend, please recommend it! Especially one you've seen recently, either a classic or new movie.

One of my all time favorites: "His Girl Friday"

Recently released comedies that I enjoyed:

Bridesmaids.
The Switch.
The Dilema.

We saw Crazy Stupid Love with Steve Carell recently, and it was much better than I expected it to be. I recommend it, if you like romantic comedies. A great date movie if you're married.

3 older comedies we particularly enjoy:

Bringing Up Baby - Grant and Hepburn
The Ruling Class - Peter O'Toole
Kind Hearts and Coronets - Sir Alec Guinness

Last edited:
The Naked Gun. One of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I thought it was because the first time I watched it I was 11, but I just watched it the other day (going on 30 now) and it's still funny!

RIP Leslie Nielson

The Impostors, with Stanley Tucci and Oliver Platt. One of my favorite films! I'm also a big fan of Blazing Saddles.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Waking Ned Divine

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum

Whisky Galore! (aka A Tight Little Island)

... Whisky Galore!

Ah! Had almost forgotten about that one. Very funny!

When raising my kids, our family favorites were Dream Team and The Gods Must Be Crazy II.

More recently, O Brother, Where Art Thou?
"Damn! We're in a tight spot."
"... been soggied, no end."
"Is you is, or is you ain't my constituency?"

How can you not like dialog like that? :)

I'm gonna break from my usuals, and throw a much older, and maybe somewhat obscure one out there.

Stalag 17

Maybe some of you older guys can help me with this, wasn't this movie the basis for Hogans Heroes?

I love Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. I saw it a while back with my 80 year old mother in law; my wife said she'd never heard her mom laugh like that at a movie!

Top Bottom