What's new

What were your favourite toys as a child?

Hot Wheel, with the orange plastic track segments.

Oh, and Matchbox cars.

Oh, and plastic army men.

That is all.

Back when I was very young, I carried a red transistor radio everywhere I went, Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, an electric NFL Football game, a Daisy BB Gun that pumped like a shotgun, my Western Flyer Stingray bike, and later, an Admiral AM/FM/Cassette portable radio. Guess I really wasn't in to toys.

Randy

My favorite toys as a child were:

• the GI Joe 10" tall Action figure (not a doll)
    • and a big assortment of official GI Joe gear to go with it.
  • Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars.
  • Weebles (weebles wobble but they don't fall down)
  • MicroNauts,
  • and the real Tonka trucks with the sharp metal edges (not this plastic crap with rounded edges of today).
:straight:

Johnny 7, Fanner 50 double holster, Dick Tracy cap/squirt gun.....I had any and all of the popular toy guns of the late 50's and 60's. No there are no "good/quality" toy guns to be found now. All part of the political correctness that is currently popular I guess.

weeble wobbles
space: 1999 toys
my star trek phaser, Kirk & Spock dolls
evel knievel motorcycle
gundam model kits
votoms
slime

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My favourite toys as a child were (in no particular order),;

a) Matchbox Cars
proxy.php

proxy.php

b) Corgi Cars

proxy.php
proxy.php

c) Tonka Trucks

proxy.php
proxy.php

Christopher
proxy.php
"As men [and women], get older, the toys get more expensive". Marvin Davis

Last edited:
I had a Six Million Dollar Man action figure, complete with a look through eye, power lifting arm that would lift when you pushed a button on his back, and his rocket capsule. I also loved Matchbox/ Hot Wheels cars and G.I. Joe stuff. I also still have my Crossman model 760 air rifle. The kind you pump. It's at least 30 years old and still works almost like new. Still kills rabbits that eat my wifes flowers!

Legos were (and still are... I have those bins around here somewhere) fantastic to play with, but more specifically, the lego monorail set. I was lucky enough to get it for christmas one year. All the amazingness of legos, combined with a Train Set. You really can't go wrong.

Daisy BB guns where also a favorite, but by far my most favoritest toy ever was Model Rockets. Nothing beat spending a few hours putting everything together, then hiking out to the nearest empty field we could find in suburbia and launching these guys.

Experiments involving launching rockets with my sisters Barbie dolls taped and/or otherwise attached were less successful, but still enjoyable.

Top Bottom