What's new

Is Tabac worth blind buying?

@puffinshart you are aware Tabac reformulated their soap, yes?

If the new is as good at the old it's worth buying a stick. The scent mellows with time and 'curing'. You could throw it in the tool shed for a while and let it mature if needed.

Right. What’s the alternative? Buy a sample? Sniff it in person at a brick and mortar? Pretty rare to find it in any store, at least around here anyway
Buying Tabac blind is no different IMO than buying any soap blind. I have never not bought a soap blind, guess I like the adventure!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Every time I buy a new to me soap it's a "blind" buy

Yes. No. Probably.

Word on the street is, go for the stick. But the tallow version. Maybe.

You could buy a Tabac shaving stick to try it out. It should be cheaper than buying either the soap in the bowl or the refill.

I'd make sure the stick had tallow first. You could always use a $3 grater from Walmart to grate it into a bowl. I've done that before with other sticks and liked them better after grating. I happen to love the scent and performance of Tabac, but there are so many other great soaps available now that I rarely use my Tabac bowl and stick I bought in 2009.

I love both the performance and scent and recommend u take a chance on the shave stick it’s heaps cheap anyway. Hopefully it’s the old tallow base.

The only problem I see is finding more tallow based tabac if you end up loving it

Just make sure it’s tallow. But you must try it. Even if you find you don’t like the scent, it performs like no other hard soap I’ve used.

You mean you didn’t get this all day after you shaved with Tabac?
View attachment 1303924
I haven't noticed any increase in attention from the older ladies when I shave with Tabac but then again I wash my face well afterwards and apply a thorough splash of non-Tabac smelling aftershave to cover up any residual scent left by the Tabac lather.

If an older woman did make some advances on me, who knows I might take her up on her offers because I'm just an old man searching for fun.

I blind bought Tabac a couple of years ago. How bad could the smell be? Right?
It's not my favorite scent but I do like it.
I went the whole hog and bought the glass jar because it's cool.
Performs great too.

I like it. A puck was given to me by a friend because it lathered so easily. Maybe not my favorite scent, but pleasant to me. Most important is that it really does lather easy. You don't need to do much more than sneeze at it to get lather.

Can't answer for the vegge formula

Oh definitely BLIND buy so you can SEE what you have been missing.

Tabac is always in my rotation and probably the best performer.

Top Bottom