What's new

Brushes Added to Shave Den

I recently added two brushes found on ebay. An E-Shave brush and freshly reknotted Solid-Set. Both are Silvertips.

The E-Shave brush arrived yesterday and I shaved with it this morning. I have been interested in one of these brushes for some time because I like tall skinny handles. The knot seemed smaller than was expected, but it shaved wonderfully this morning.

The Solid-Set arrived this afternoon. The knot is close in size to the one on the E-Shave but with a MUCH shorter handle.

The pictures below compare the two to other brushes in my shave den.

20210416_173406[1].jpg

Here they are, side by side.

20210416_173443[1].jpg

Here they are with a Frank Shaving 24 mm Finest and a Burma Shave reknotted with a 24 mm Silvertip
20210416_173812(0)[1].jpg

Here is the Solid-Set with a Wee Scott, an Omega 599 Silvertip, a Frank Shaving small handle with a 16 mm TGN Finest, and a AOS Temporary handle reknotted with a 15 mm TGN Finest.
20210416_174017[1].jpg

Here I added my smallest brush just for fun.
20210416_174220[1].jpg

And finally just to show that I'm serious that I like tall handled brushes here is the E-Shave with a Custom Handled (turned it myself) with a Custom ACE 26 mm Silvertip knot.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I really like your eshave brush Big Jim, the handle is very unique/nice. I glanced at their website, very nice.

I shaved with the Solid-Set brush this morning, lathering with rose scented melt and pour base. Even with the short handle it was a pleasure to use. The knot is big enough that I'm not sure it will work with my travel small cosmetic soap jars but I'll find a ways because it begs to be used.

Sadly, the Solid Set brush has developed a crack. The seller disclosed that it had a scratch on the back side and that it wasn't a crack. Using it during travel the past two weeks I noticed a couple of days ago that the scratch had become a crack. The crack is the full length of the handle. I have found a replacement handle that should work fine. It is a stubby 18 mm black handle that appears to be slightly larger around and may very slightly taller but overall close to the same size. I'll probably continue to use it as is until it gets worse. The silvertip knot is worth saving.

On the bright side, I found an old Ever Ready at a thrift shop in Cocoa Beach today that is ready for re-knotting and handle polishing. Should end up very nice.

Top Bottom