What's new

Can anyone I.D. this little beast?

I'm unsure if this isa DE or should be classified as an SE. It looks a bit bitey, given the gap between the first edge and the guard. anyhoo, I picked it up at a little Mom & Pop store over here, only 14 yuan - thats about 2 dollars US or 1 pound 50 in real money, looks like pressed tin/thin steel and takes two std DE blades. I'm thinking its a very rough copy of something more substantial/ of higher quality, I shall name it fang for now given the look of potential bite.
WechatIMG22.jpeg
WechatIMG25.jpeg
WechatIMG26.jpeg
WechatIMG27.jpeg
WechatIMG28.jpeg
WechatIMG30.jpeg
WechatIMG31.jpeg
WechatIMG32.jpeg

Attachments

• WechatIMG29.jpeg
    WechatIMG29.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
The design looks like the famous ER 1924 Shovelhead which loaded the blade with the cap swinging out toward the cutting edge. This uses a DE blade, but only one side (and two can be loaded). Very interesting design. I would be interested in how it shaves.

If I can pluck up the courage to try it will let you know. right now the little beast is caged in my odds and ends cabinet, but if anyone has any experience, tips or advice on best way to do so I'd be interested to hear them.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
That is a VERY cool looking razor, although I agree that my first impression is that it does look "bitey"! You got a good deal, at least in terms of trying to get one here in the US. Google shows that Aliexpress carries the NingFeng, and they are considerably more than what you paid. I really hope you give it a shave, since I'd love to hear how it works for you -- of course, that's easy for me to say. :laugh:

That is a NINFENG SHAVER(tm), model NF-508 if I'm not mistaken. It is neither a double edge, nor a single edge. It is a rare Chinese 'Bouble Edge' and it looks to be in fine shape. Well done, sir.

Where did you order it from?
A site called ebuy7. There is also a site called chinahao that has them, but the shipping there kills it. I am still anxiously awaiting this, I'm not really sure why. I guess I like odd razors like this. I keep checking my tracking number everyday.

There is a neat Russian razor that takes two DE blades but it isn't like this. Take a whole blade and you have to split another into two pieces. It shaves really well but it's a huge pain to get the blades into it correctly.

Top Bottom