What's new

old italian barber says only pig brushes

Or as part of a commercial lol
he not saying use our brush though he just says pig brush. also i used some of the ABC stuff and they all been great. im probably not gonna get their pig brush. but i was just wondering what you all thought on pig brushes.

in any case, i don't believe him either. cuz in the end of the video when he wiped the face off u can tell it wasn't bbs.

he not saying use our brush though he just says pig brush. also i used some of the ABC stuff and they all been great. im probably not gonna get their pig brush. but i was just wondering what you all thought on pig brushes.

in any case, i don't believe him either. cuz in the end of the video when he wiped the face off u can tell it wasn't bbs.

Boars are different and rather fun just don't expect them to be anything like badgers.

I love my boars and use them regularly. Once broken in they are excellent brushes.

Italian barbers are primarily shaving clients who are of Southern European origin. Their skin type and beard type is such that boar bristles might be the best type of brush. That might not be the best brush for those from Northern Europe who have very fair complexions.

Also remember that barbers are trying to make money, so their supplies have to be an inexpensive as possible while still getting the job done. In some localities health regulations specify that brushes have to be replaced or sanitized for each new client, in those areas, barbers are either using very cheap boar brushes, cheap synthetic brushes or, more likely, they use a lather machine and apply the lather by hand.

I use a variety of badger, boar, horsehair, and synthetic fiber brushes. I select the brush based on the type of soap or cream I am lathering. If I am using a traditional hard puck of soap, I often select an Omega boar brush made in Italy. Mine is well broken in and has a face feel and backbone of a high density premium silvertip badger costing 10-15 times the price of the boar.

Italian barbers are primarily shaving clients who are of Southern European origin. Their skin type and beard type is such that boar bristles might be the best type of brush. That might not be the best brush for those from Northern Europe who have very fair complexions.

Also remember that barbers are trying to make money, so their supplies have to be an inexpensive as possible while still getting the job done. In some localities health regulations specify that brushes have to be replaced or sanitized for each new client, in those areas, barbers are either using very cheap boar brushes, cheap synthetic brushes or, more likely, they use a lather machine and apply the lather by hand.

I use a variety of badger, boar, horsehair, and synthetic fiber brushes. I select the brush based on the type of soap or cream I am lathering. If I am using a traditional hard puck of soap, I often select an Omega boar brush made in Italy. Mine is well broken in and has a face feel and backbone of a high density premium silvertip badger costing 10-15 times the price of the boar.

Hey Ray what's your fav boar, mine are my most recent additions the 10051 and 10810 the 24/50 is just right for me

I kind of see his point. He is being paid to sell those brushes. I mean, never mind. Forget it.
My opinion, as long as it is a good brush and you have good soap you'll get good lather. I like boars the most, but it hasn't stopped me from making great lather from badger, horse, or synthetic as well.

I personally find boar brushes to have softer tips than any badger I own.

Hey Ray what's your fav boar, mine are my most recent additions the 10051 and 10810 the 24/50 is just right for me

I like big brushes, so I have an Omega 10098 Pro. I paid less than $15 USD. I took the brush and treated the tips only in very hot water, but not boiling, for a few seconds at a time until the tips split. That made it wonderfully soft. I tried it on a Semogue brush, but the bristles are different, so it did not work as well.

You would need a FLAMETHROWER in order to give the particular "shaving model" a BBS :001_302:

He has the typical super dark mediteranean stubble and a not so dark skin so even if the shave is bbs it doesn't LOOK like a bbs even if the hair in cut bellow the skin surface

(Not to mention that the barber says that he is very reluctant in giving ATG shaves ,that are the ONLY way to achieve true bbs)

A well broken-in boar brush is definitely softer than pure and best badger and eare even even a little softer than many two-band finest badger brushes. They compare well to premium silvertips at far less cost. However, I do admit a fondness for large (26-28 mm) high density badger brushes.

You sure you didn't get horse brushes instead lol?

I find boars comparable but no way any of my boars will ever be softer than my Silvertips.

My boars are like German shepard fur and my Silvertips like that of a samoyed.

You would need a FLAMETHROWER in order to give the particular "shaving model" a BBS :001_302:

He has the typical super dark mediteranean stubble and a not so dark skin so even if the shave is bbs it doesn't LOOK like a bbs even if the hair in cut bellow the skin surface

(Not to mention that the barber says that he is very reluctant in giving ATG shaves ,that are the ONLY way to achieve true bbs)
BBS only last's a few hours anyway. You are asking for irritation if you chase it daily.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

This is a good point regarding skin and beard types. I have thick, black facial hair and a dark complexion for a northern European. I find boar brushes and dense, Simpson Chubby like badger brushes do seem to prep the beard and skin well and i enjoy that tactile element. That said i also have some high end badgers like the Thater Silvertip and synthetic brushes that have almost no tactile feel bad they're so soft, and they're perfectly good at making and applying lather, which is ultimately what brushes are for. These super soft brushes are perfect for a 24 hour beard. Now that I think about it I feel i probably do instinctively reach for a boar when shaving a 36-48 hour beard. Thanks for the post, made me think.

lasta

Blade Biter
I also find boars softer than silvertips when broken in. Although I only owen Omega and Mondial silvertips, not Thater or Shavemac.

I also find boars softer than silvertips when broken in. Although I only owen Omega and Mondial silvertips, not Thater or Shavemac.
When flagged a good omega or semogue (the ones i own) have soft tips, but they retain a lot of backbone, so they're not 'soft' in the sometimes negatively used sense of being devoid of tactile feedback.

Top Bottom