What's new

USPS Claim

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Does anyone have experience with filing a claim through USPS Priority Mail? I ordered an ABC razor from a private seller through PayPal and they sent it Priority. When it arrived, it was missing the comb....
The box had clearly been mishandled and the tabs on the box were open. Tge post office didnt bother to tape the tabs either. It also had creases in it where it was bent. Contacted the seller and they assured me they sent it in the package. Thanks for any help.

Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Does anyone have experience with filing a claim through USPS Priority Mail? I ordered an ABC razor from a private seller through PayPal and they sent it Priority. When it arrived, it was missing the comb....
The box had clearly been mishandled and the tabs on the box were open. Tge post office didnt bother to tape the tabs either. It also had creases in it where it was bent. Contacted the seller and they assured me they sent it in the package. Thanks for any help.

Adam

Here it is Adam, www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

KeenDogg

Thanks, I will do just that, gents.

I sent a razor by Priority Mail. [This was the first claim I ever filed about a year ago.] I received notification that the package was received at the Post Office I sent it to. That was the last notification I received. The individual I sent it to never received the package and after waiting 14 days I filed a claim. I had to show proof of the value of the article. 60 days later I received a check for $50 - which was half of what the razor cost me.

There are many exclusions from UPS insurance. You can read about them here.

Adam

Sorry to hear this.
My wife had ordered about 2 hundred dollars worth of school materials once. The post ofice said it was delivered but we never saw it. The seller said it was our issue since the PO said it arrived and the PO said it was our issue since it was delivered. Two weeks later we found it was left on the back stairs of the church, which is 2 houses down the road.

Good luck Adam and let us know how it works out.

I sent a razor by Priority Mail. I had to show proof of the value of the article. 60 days later I received a check for $50 - which was half of what the razor cost me.

Priority Mail includes only $50 insurance, unless additional insurance is purchased. If the value of the lost item is under $50, you get the actual value amount. If over, you get $50.

KeenDogg

Thanks @ackvil, @imatabor, and others.

I filed the claim. It wasnt the most user friendly thing. Luckily, the misses helped out a great deal. I've learned either the seller or buyer can open the claim. Ice asked for the full 50 dollars, which isn't bad . I'm into it for 65, so it's not a back breaker. I still have a good case, cap, and handle. Im hoping they give me half that, at least.

First time I've had an open, bent Priority box come to me.

Thanks for the good vibes, wish me luck!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Good luck with your claim! Keep us posted on how it goes and the time it takes
For high value items registered mail is a good option. They tape up every seam and it goes secured.

KeenDogg

Good luck with your claim! Keep us posted on how it goes and the time it takes
For high value items registered mail is a good option. They tape up every seam and it goes secured.
Thanks, Rhody. I'll certainly remember that.

It’s happened to me as well and, well, the word disappointing is as civil a description as I can muster.

Best of luck

Whenever I send a package to someone who has bought a razor, I take
a number of photographs at the post office with date stamp and post marks, documenting the condition the
package was mailed in.

The I email them to the buyer so they can see what is on the way....it also helps in a situation like this
where you need to prove a package has been mishandled.

KeenDogg

Here's picture of the box. This is what happens when you dont tape your tabs. When the box gets crushed, it pops open. Then, when it bounces around, things fall out. The box mentions nothing of taping the tabs. However, the post office DID tape the already sealed glue flap. Haha. Fingers crossed, it will be found. I and the seller both have calls in to our local post offices about it.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Here's picture of the box. This is what happens when you dont tape your tabs. When the box gets crushed, it pops open. Then, when it bounces around, things fall out. The box mentions nothing of taping the tabs. However, the post office DID tape the already sealed glue flap. Haha. Fingers crossed, it will be found. I and the seller both have calls in to our local post offices about it.
proxy.php
proxy.php

My wife makes fun of me because I tape the neck out of the boxes I send out. Now I feel vindicated.

My wife makes fun of me because I tape the neck out of the boxes I send out. Now I feel vindicated.

I tape every seam and tab of every box I send out. Never had a complaint. Tape is cheap. I've had boxes delivered to me punctured and leaking, but the vendor made good.

Of course, I have had the idiot mail person deliver mine to the wrong address and mark it delivered and I have to call and chased down. At least 3x a year I get a USPS, UPS or FedEx package for the next street over because it starts with the same letter as mine. Those I walk or drive over and leave it in their mailbox or porch.

Last edited:

KeenDogg

I tape every seam and tab of every box I send out. Never had a complaint. Tape is cheap. I've had boxes delivered to me punctured and leaking, but the vendor made good.

Of course, I have had the idiot mail person deliver mine to the wrong address and mark it delivered and I have to call and chased down. At least 3x a year I get a USPS, UPS or FedEx package for the next street over because it starts with the same letter as mine. Those I walk or drive over and leave it in their mailbox or porch.
I'm with you. I cover all seams, most cases.

Top Bottom