What's new

Most Versatile Semogue Boar

I have the 830 and the SOC. For me, it's the SOC hands down. I like the 830, but the SOC is my favorite brush. I have the Omega Pro 48 and 49 as well and love both. But the SOC is just better all around.

The SOC did take a while to break in. It was OK from the beginning though, not like other brushes that could barely make a lather before break in. The SOC holds a ton of lather, has nice backbone (nothing harsh, but doesn't flop around like a 1250) and still has nice tips that feel great on my face.

BTW, I almost always face lather.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
So what would you vote as the most versatile "go to" semogue Boar brush between these three ONLY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I'd join the crowd and suggest a Kent - Oh, only these three!

I only have the SOC of this group. It is my favorite brush (I like it so much I purchased another: cherry and ash), but I don't face lather. It is a pretty big brush with soft tips and backbone that is just right for me. It does continue to improve for many weeks, but it's usable right from day one.

I wanted to buy the SOC Boar in Ash and I dont see it available on Amazon. I like the <$30 price range and the only other vendor is the Portuguese Factory on EBay, which ships from Portugal. Anyone familiar with them or have any experience using them?

830 for me. Soft and wildly splayed, but in a good way. A VERY good way. Works equally well with creams and soaps (Trumper Coconut cream and a well-broken in 830 is a magical experience).

If anything were to happen to my 830, it would be replaced immediately.

So if you read my last post I talked about how I gave my wife a couple birthday recommendations by pointing out the SOC Boar and 830. Well, my birthday came around and this is what I ended up unwrapping...

proxy.php

Looks like she got me the 830 and the SOC in BADGER. Lol! What a great mistake that she made. I'm totally keeping it and may still get the SOC Boar to complete thIS awesome collection. Both brushes beautiful and soft right out of the packaging. I'm going to start breaking them in now. [emoji16]

I have the 610, 620, 830, and the SOC. I like all the Semogues. Well made boars for sure. I'm more of a bowl latherer than a face latherer so all them work pretty much the same for me. I love the SOC, but it is a larger brush and I tend to only use with the larger soap containers. I really like the 830 but probably use the 620 the most of my boars. I really like using the 620 with harder soaps that I put into 8 oz. double wall domed plastic jars. Just the right size and stiffness to make short work of hard milled soaps like DR Harris, etc. Question for b_market. How do you like that badger? I always thought about one of those.

Question for b_market. How do you like that badger? I always thought about one of those.

In all honesty I havnt had the chance to use it yet, being that I only got it a couple days ago. However, I can tell you that it is very soft out of the packaging and had very little stink. I did a test lather with it and it was amazing as you can imagine. Produced a great lather, tips were soft, the handle is amazing, great backbone, and it was easy to clean. Didn't lose a single hair. I'd would say the SOC badger would be a good buy considering what it offers.

I wanted to buy the SOC Boar in Ash and I dont see it available on Amazon. I like the <$30 price range and the only other vendor is the Portuguese Factory on EBay, which ships from Portugal. Anyone familiar with them or have any experience using them?

I placed two large orders through them.

Order one arrived in less than two weeks, one of the acrylic handle brushes had some odd grooves in the handle. I contacted them, supplied pics and Carlos was great. He shipped out a replacement immediately.

Order two took a long time to arrive, about 5 weeks. I don't blame Carlos for that, was hung up in customs. One of the wood handle brushes had two blemishes. They looked like shallow gouges, almost like finger nails had been dug into it. Contacts Carlos, supplied pics. He said that's considered normal by Semogue since it's wood. Therefore, can't replace it. We went back and forth. Then they said they'd swap it out if I pay postage to return the first one. I just didn't think that was right, especially after the amount of stuff I bought between the two orders.

I went from being very happy with them to quite sour. I probably won't order from them again.

If you look at their reviews on eBay and factor in the odds, you have a very good chance of being happy with them.

If you look at their reviews on eBay and factor in the odds, you have a very good chance of being happy with them.

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience. I figured they had enough positive reviews to warrant placing an order. So now I'm just waiting on my SOC Boar in Ash to arrive. Hopefully it makes it without issue. Thanks for sharing

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience. I figured they had enough positive reviews to warrant placing an order. So now I'm just waiting on my SOC Boar in Ash to arrive. Hopefully it makes it without issue. Thanks for sharing

Thanks and you're welcome.

I'll consider myself lucky if this is one of the worst shopping experiences I have this year ;). I'm keeping it in perspective. It's not like they shipped a rock to me and stole my money, it's just some blemishes, brush is usable.

Enjoy your brush when it arrives!

COLLECTION COMPLETE [emoji7]

The SOC Boar in Ash wood got here today directly from Portugal via the Portuguese Factory. No issues at all and it arrived about 2 weeks early.

proxy.php

Top Bottom