What's new

The Magnificent Seven and the Mystery Blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it in hand!

Sweet and cavendishy yet a touch of spice somewhere in there. Got that mcclelland vinegar scent to me.

hmmm..... I think I'm gonna need 6-7 more ounces to figure this one out :)

ill be smoking it in a few hours

It's interesting stuff. I definitely like it. Some puffs mimick my Z50 Black Cordial perfectly, then I get that occasional puff of Latakia.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My sample of the 'baccy arrived today, but I'm going to be tied up out-of-state for a few days...probably without internet access. I'll post my evaluation when I return.

So...without further ado...

Ladies and Gentlemen...please allow me to introduce the members of the New Magnificent Seven. We are eager to accept this mission and will complete it with the utmost courage and determination.

The members are:

Price: The sailor with an ample chest and fists of iron...and a knowledge of tobacco that is unsurpassed.

Alpster: The tactician. He can look at the lay of the land and know exactly what needs to be done. Excellent at knowing what altitude and soil conditions the tobacco was grown in.

Hirsute: The legal expert of the group that oversees the contracts and validity of the assignments of the group and contends with any legal issues that arise...and he is also a crack shot with a Sharps rifle. He can spot a patent infringement on tobacco brands from a mile away in a split second.

DC_MPA: The finance expert of the group who contends with all of the payments and expenditures of the group. Can readily tell a cheap tobacco from premium just by looking at it.

cwf71: The human calculator of the group. He is over logistics and manages to get the most supplies, from the most unlikely places, of any logistics expert known to man. He can obtain an entire winter's worth of pipe tobacco for the group at unheard of prices. He is also the explosives expert, so be careful about asking him for a light for your pipe…he has a strange sense of humor.

Blade Boy: A designer of improvised weapons and needed accessories. He can take a malfunctioning pipe and make it work like new with nothing but a stick.

Simon1: The ex-lawman and part-time bounty hunter. Deadly with both pipe and cigar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a usps account set up so I see notice of anything coming to my address in my email, even if the sender were to not share.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
If anyone needs a tracking number, let me know. I figured it get there pretty quick, so I didn't give out that info.

OK, here we go.

Abita Blend

I used to live in Robert, LA. Less than 20 miles from Abita Springs. Only relevance this has is Mo-Jo. LOL

1st impression (sniff test) as I opened the ziplock bag.
It looks like a mix of red Virginia and black cavendish and the smell of the vanilla topping is very strong.
Lots of PG moisture as is typical of most bulk aros., so I set it out to dry a little before packing a bowl.

The tobacco...

The tools:

The test:

I must offer a disclaimer here. I am not a fan of aromatic tobaccos and this blend is very aromatic, so there ya go.

I must say, the light was more pleasant than the nose in the bag. Still getting the powerful vanilla flavor and I notice a little aftertaste that reminds me of burley. While smoking it smells like an old estate pipe. I don't mean its bad, its the familiar smell of grandpa's pipe. I don't find this to resemble any English blend that I have smoked. Any Latakia, if its there, is lost in the vanilla. All the way through the bowl I keep getting kind of burley hint. If I had to bet the farm, I would say this is a vanilla cavendish, bulk aromatic on the order of "Newminster", "Stokkebye" or "McClelland" Vanilla Cavendish. Definitely a higher quality than Borkum Riff or Captain Black.

So my guess is "Peter Stokkebye" #6 Sweet Vanilla".

I am anxious to hear the other opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom